Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: if I don't resolve this soon, i'm going to end it

Maybe a VERY conservative injection of Botox into the anal sphincter would relax it just enough to allow you resume digital stim. Aside from that, and assuming you can wean yourself off the opiates (or any other constipating meds), using the Peristeen system can help you resume your bowel program. I can certainly appreciate the urgency of agony you're going through, and a colostomy may ultimately prove the best remedy, but if there's a rational alternative approach I would certainly encourage you to explore that first. Feel better soon, man!

also along with the above suggestions doing your bp every day instead of every other day may help also.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    also along with the above suggestions doing your bp every day instead of every other day may help also.
    I agree with this. My pain level skyrockets when my program is unsuccessful for just one day. Also, have you tried Enemeez?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    There?s a solution, hang in there.
    Now, that.....that was refreshingly so helpful. My whole world would so automatically fall in line and all would be well having read this, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Now, that.....that was refreshingly so helpful. My whole world would so automatically fall in line and all would be well having read this, nice.
    Tim-you sound pretty pissed off! I appreciate that. Life is more than difficult!
    As a sober addict/alcoholic, let me share my experiences.
    As a reformed drunk, I have two choices every morning I wake to: to live or to die.

I can go down any number of rabbit holes of desperation, negativity, and anger. All of which will ultimately lead me back to a drink or a drug
    which will, over time, kill me!

Or I can change my attitude and find value in my compromised life. Your new attendant? Your supportive community here? How the sun warms your skin? How a stranger walking by notices you and looks you in the eye, smiling, and acknowledging your existence? There are things to be grateful about.

Jim was stating something that kept me sober and coming back to (AA) the rooms. People would say "keep coming. It gets better" and they were right.
    The whole world changed into a delightful playground. All the things that stalked me, waiting for the other shoe to drop stopped......with a simple change in MY attitude! My journey today is informed by possibility.
    Every day holds possibility and promise. Promise

Please choose life!
    Last edited by pfcs49; 06-04-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Nothing to see here...
    Last edited by alissa; 06-06-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Just an aside, because I know gas is your major complaint - gas now passes freely and never twists me up like it did before, constipated or not.

Yes! and you can store your farts for
    an obnoxious release of noxious effluvia when you unsnap and depress the bag!
    One of the few things a gimp can outdo an AB on.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Tim-you sound pretty pissed off! I appreciate that. Life is more than difficult!
    As a sober addict/alcoholic, let me share my experiences.
    As a reformed drunk, I have two choices every morning I wake to: to live or to die.

I can go down any number of rabbit holes of desperation, negativity, and anger. All of which will ultimately lead me back to a drink or a drug
    which will, over time, kill me!

Or I can change my attitude and find value in my compromised life. Your new attendant? Your supportive community here? How the sun warms your skin? How a stranger walking by notices you and looks you in the eye, smiling, and acknowledging your existence? There are things to be grateful about.

Jim was stating something that kept me sober and coming back to (AA) the rooms. People would say "keep coming. It gets better" and they were right.
    The whole world changed into a delightful playground. All the things that stalked me, waiting for the other shoe to drop stopped......with a simple change in MY attitude! My journey today is informed by possibility.
    Every day holds possibility and promise. Promise

Please choose life!

PFCS49;
    I love reading your posts, not to digress from said topic here. I appreciate your wit, you have the attitude I wish for. I'm just curmudgeon.

in return the thread to the issue at hand, I wish I could help you myself, sci sucks in-and-by-itself, suffering not allowed , grr.

Do you get out any and can you push yourself around? The more motion you can get for your body the better. Get in a car and ride down bumpy roads if you have to. Not having this will slow your digestion down too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Just an aside, because I know gas is your major complaint - gas now passes freely and never twists me up like it did before, constipated or not.

Yes! and you can store your farts for
    an obnoxious release of noxious effluvia when you unsnap and depress the bag!
    One of the few things a gimp can outdo an AB on.
    just read this, friggin eye opener sincerely, no sarcasm, could you advise....I thought they're vented?