Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Has anyone ever used Biofilm Defense or Interfase Plus ??

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    215

    Has anyone ever used Biofilm Defense or Interfase Plus ??

    I am a C4 quadriplegic injured 33 years with a long history of resistant Pseudomonas infections. I've done absolutely everything, and still struggling. Recently read about these two products dissolving the biofilm of Pseudomonas. Wondering if anyone had tried it. Thanks

  2. #2
    Thanks for your post
    it allowed me to look into biofilm which is many a cause for antibiotic resistance
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofilm

    In the article it refers to pseudomonas resistance the result of chronic wound infections

    In my search I found that current medicine has combination antibiotics in treatment for biofilm
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29876674

    With regards to biofilm defense I found one company, Kresser institute that is addressing it
    https://kresserinstitute.com/biofilm...w-to-treat-it/

    have you discussed your present situation here? What are you going through?
    pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Thanks for your post
    it allowed me to look into biofilm which is many a cause for antibiotic resistance
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofilm

    In the article it refers to pseudomonas resistance the result of chronic wound infections

    In my search I found that current medicine has combination antibiotics in treatment for biofilm
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29876674

    With regards to biofilm defense I found one company, Kresser institute that is addressing it
    https://kresserinstitute.com/biofilm...w-to-treat-it/

    have you discussed your present situation here? What are you going through?
    pbr
    thank you so much for the reply. I have spent many hours, actually countless hours over the years reading about pseudomonas, etc. I have had these resistant UTIs for probably 25 years. I live with the colonization, and periodically flare ups, and have been septic a handful of times and had to get IV antibiotic therapy, the last time, probably 2015 (FORTAZ). For years doctors had me prophylactically taking Cipro, Levaquin, etc. etc. I also irrigate my bladder Three times a week with amikacin and normal saline. Years before that I used tobramycin, and years before that I use gentamicin.
    I take many different kinds of natural antibiotics as well. Oregano oil, Berberine, Uva Ursi etc. I have today received the Interfase Plus product mentioned in the Kresser article you referenced. I also purchased lactofferin as I have heard that pulls iron from the biofilm weakening it. I probably have post on here occasionally about pseudomonas UTIs, going back 10 or 12 years. This is just my most recent challenge. Thanks again so much for your reply, I greatly appreciate it. I have reached out to Kresser a couple times but did not hear back. I left a recent reply. Over the last couple days. Maybe I'll have better luck.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    I am a C4 quadriplegic injured 33 years with a long history of resistant Pseudomonas infections. I've done absolutely everything, and still struggling. Recently read about these two products dissolving the biofilm of Pseudomonas. Wondering if anyone had tried it. Thanks
    Have you consulted with an infectious disease doctor? Often times they have greater skill in prescribing antibiotics than a primary care physician or urologist.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Have you consulted with an infectious disease doctor? Often times they have greater skill in prescribing antibiotics than a primary care physician or urologist.
    thank you for the reply. Yes, I have definitely consulted ID doctors. I live outside Boston and over the years, have met with ID doctors at Boston Medical Ctr., Brigham and women's, Beth Israel, Spaulding rehab, as well as three smaller local hospitals, Sturdy Memorial, Norwood, and Braintree rehab. All of them basically said, "we have nothing for you, your colonized? If you get septic, you will need IV antibiotics." Some of them offered some different strategies, older medications that haven't been used in recent years like carbonycillin, high doses of erythromycin, etc. I have tried to eradicate it with every means I can come up with. I even irrigated for months with Microcyn. When septic and sick as you could possibly imagine, I was treated with Vancomycin/Immipenum IV, until I had C diff. The last two times I was septic, as I mentioned, was treated with Fortaz IV. It always comes back. I have an open order at the local lab. When I started feeling really lousy, drop a specimen always >100,000 colonies. Some urologist/ID doctors have mentioned biofilm? But not no one has ever referenced/mentioned anything to break down the biofilm such as the Interfase Plus, and Lactoferrin that I have started today. Thanks

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    thank you for the reply. Yes, I have definitely consulted ID doctors. I live outside Boston and over the years, have met with ID doctors at Boston Medical Ctr., Brigham and women's, Beth Israel, Spaulding rehab, as well as three smaller local hospitals, Sturdy Memorial, Norwood, and Braintree rehab. All of them basically said, "we have nothing for you, your colonized? If you get septic, you will need IV antibiotics." Some of them offered some different strategies, older medications that haven't been used in recent years like carbonycillin, high doses of erythromycin, etc. I have tried to eradicate it with every means I can come up with. I even irrigated for months with Microcyn. When septic and sick as you could possibly imagine, I was treated with Vancomycin/Immipenum IV, until I had C diff. The last two times I was septic, as I mentioned, was treated with Fortaz IV. It always comes back. I have an open order at the local lab. When I started feeling really lousy, drop a specimen always >100,000 colonies. Some urologist/ID doctors have mentioned biofilm? But not no one has ever referenced/mentioned anything to break down the biofilm such as the Interfase Plus, and Lactoferrin that I have started today. Thanks
    The Klare Labs website indicates in the Technical Notes for Interfase Plus that is used for biofilm in the GI Tract. https://klaire.com/klairelabs/cache/...59EB565EC.pdf\
    Wonder if it works in the bladder as well?
    InterFase? is a potent enzyme formulation specifically designed to disrupt gastrointestinal biofilm communities. Although a normal survival mechanism for commensal bacteria, undesirable organisms may become entrenched in biofilm and therefore unresponsive to conventional and natural remedies including probiotics.
    InterFase? enzymes have been selected for their ability to lyse foundational extracellular polymers as well as degrade bacterial and yeast cell walls. The addition of disodium ethylenendiaminetetraactic acid (EDTA) in InterFase? Plus delivers more aggressive anti-biofilm action by binding metals needed for biofilm formation.
    InterFase? and InterFase? Plus are formulated to be employed as part of a comprehensive program to support GI health by modifying undesirable gut biofilm.

    Web MD says the Lactoferrin helps to regulate the absorption of iron in the intestine and delivery of iron both the cells.

    So I have doubts about these working on bladder bacteria.

    I believe Suzanne Lewis who introduced Microcyn to Care Cure Community wrote a paper on biofilms and urinary tract infections. When I have more time, I will see if I can find that paper. Meanwhile, researching biofilm disruptors in urinary tract infections, may yield some information.






    Last edited by gjnl; 05-26-2019 at 08:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    215
    You are correct, I'm not sure if it reaches the bladder either, but willing to try. I remember Susanne quite well and spoke to her often Back in those days about Microcyn. I wasn't aware she wrote a paper, and would be very interested in reading it. She was very knowledgeable.
    There are several articles in a Google search about lactoferrin interfering with Pseudomonas biofilm,, mostly regarding CF.
    This site which was referenced earlier advocates for Interfase Plus and L F… For complicated UTIs with biofilm.
    https://kresserinstitute.com/treat-p...without-drugs/

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    You are correct, I'm not sure if it reaches the bladder either, but willing to try. I remember Susanne quite well and spoke to her often Back in those days about Microcyn. I wasn't aware she wrote a paper, and would be very interested in reading it. She was very knowledgeable.
    There are several articles in a Google search about lactoferrin interfering with Pseudomonas biofilm,, mostly regarding CF.
    This site which was referenced earlier advocates for Interfase Plus and L F… For complicated UTIs with biofilm.
    https://kresserinstitute.com/treat-p...without-drugs/
    Sorry but my take on Chris Kresser is that he is a fake, fraud and a charlatan. This is definitely one of those times, I would suggest...don't believe everything you read on the internet. If you read scholarly papers and peer review literature...biofilm related to the bladder is an extremely hard nut to crack.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    215
    Yes, I concur biofilm is a hard nut to crack, I've been battling with it for 30 years. Besides phage , I have done virtually every other therapy that there is. As I said, I've seen at least 10 ID doctors, who have no answers. So whether Chris Kresser is a fraud or not, if you Google lactoferrin affect on Pseudomonas biofilm, there are several studies that have been done. As you mentioned products like Bio Defense and Interfase Plus breakdown biofilm, primarily in the intestines, I'm hoping possibly in the urinary tract as well. I don't have much to lose by trying. My only other option is IV therapy.

Similar Threads

  1. A little self defense
    By brian in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 07:07 PM
  2. self defense?
    By cali in forum Life
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 08:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •