Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My command center

My command center

Spent many many moons in this bed looking at that monitor. If you noticed there is a trackball, microphone, telephone Fan and light remote, TV, etc.

On the wall. I face when I'm on my left side is a 65 inch monitor and a 28 inch monitor on the Articulating arm.

Took a lot of time to figure out the best piece of furniture to build for next to my bed.

Just thought you might want to see where I live, in Florida.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looks to me like you need more wires!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Nice, I have been contemplating this same concept with the monitor arm. I never watch movies/shows on the TV anymore, I watch everything in bed on my ipad or laptop.
    Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Looks to me like you need more wires!
    In the beginning all my computer, network, camera and ancillary cables all came out the back wall. Have a picture of the "ultimate cable cluster" but can't find it.I have absolutely no Wi-Fi devices on my network, Old-school.

However, agreed to provide Wi-Fi to the girl in the cottage in the backyard.

Get a Large 4K monitor you can mount It on the wall, wherever but a big monitor Is what's your eyes want to see all day instead of looking at a little one.

This is the part of my network that never goes down. It is on a UPS with a Bluetooth power strip I can reboot remotely.

It contains all the critical components for the Internet, phone, workstation and doorbell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You're going to hurt your eyes looking that close into 65 inch TV! You should be about 10' from that TV to properly watch it. You basically measure the distance from your bad, your viewing distance, In feat and then multiply it by 7.7 and it will give you the screen size.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

I am sensitive to light so the brightness of the monitor is set about 50%. You may be correct if I was looking at a CRT screen the illiums would have killed my eyes, but with an LED and the reduced intensity changes everything. This is from Sony about the distance to a 4K monitor. The recommended distance when viewing a video or a program from a 4K TV is 1.5 times of the TV vertical screen size.

Remember, this is 4K and my monitor set at 2048?1150 and can go from ~6 to ~8 feet in distance. This makes it so text is easily readable.

TV Size Viewing Distance Range (Approx.)
    55 inch 39 inches (3.29 feet)
    65 inch 47 inches (3.92 feet)
    75 inch 55 inches (4.58 feet)
    85 inch 63 inches (5.25 feet)

Thanks for the advice due to my sensitivity to light and sound, it was well researched Before anything was purchased or mounted..

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    This is the part of my network that never goes down. It is on a UPS with a Bluetooth power strip I can reboot remotely.

It contains all the critical components for the Internet, phone, workstation and doorbell.
    How long does USP last with power outage? I need one but half my stuff is in one room and I'm in another. Guess I need 2 UPS's.

Blog Entries
    Pretty damn nice job there