Thread: Approximate results? Timelines? any?

Approximate results? Timelines? any?

I am wondering if you guys know of any approximate times of clinical updates to be released... Is it even like that? I mean, can it be said like: "on this date xx/xx/xx, THIS company will report these results " and on approx that date, xx/xx/xx this company will provide 'those' results? I mean, is anything like that happening? Seems like nothing is happening as far as hearing updates, then a little excitement ... Anyone know of any upcoming announcements, it's really quiet around here
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I don't follow cure research much, but I think anyone would have trouble compiling a list.

In general in science (and peddling a purported or possible cure for chronic SCI is more prone than most to bad science, sensationalization and straight up lies) negative results are not reported. So even if you did have a list saying XYZ company should complete ABC trial by Summer 2020, when they had no published results by Spring 2021, you wouldn't have a way of knowing if that trial was completed and negative or if it was just delayed for some reason. If they eventually publish the results then probably it wasn't negative, but if the result was negative you would have to guess that purely based on the silence coming out of their lab and would have to guesstimate when to assume it was a negative result (do they get six months, a year, five years?).

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I am wondering if you guys know of any approximate times of clinical updates to be released... Is it even like that? I mean, can it be said like: "on this date xx/xx/xx, THIS company will report these results " and on approx that date, xx/xx/xx this company will provide 'those' results? I mean, is anything like that happening? Seems like nothing is happening as far as hearing updates, then a little excitement ... Anyone know of any upcoming announcements, it's really quiet around here
    This is cynical, you understand
    The road to a cure? My observation is its a slow process.
    And then the cure, the funding stops? This is likely to happen more rapidly.

No cure yet? The funding continues
    Last edited by slow_runner; 05-27-2019 at 06:12 AM.

I had the feeling that Luna wouldn't get a straight answer.
    Last edited by Moe; 05-28-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***