Thread: Huge Hotel Bathroom - Embassy Suites Scottsdale Resort

Huge Hotel Bathroom - Embassy Suites Scottsdale Resort

NL and I were in Scottsdale recently. We stayed at the Embassy Suites Scottsdale Resort. Below are pictures of the bathroom. The bathroom was divided into two side by side rooms, one where the vanity and closet were and one where the toilet and shower were located.

The shower/toilet room was about 7 feet wide by 14 feet long. When taking this picture, NL was standing beside the toilet. Only problem was that the shower was only 2 feet wide. That seemed a little skimpy given the size of the entire space dedicated to the room.

The room with the vanity and closet was the same size at the shower/toilet room. NL was standing in the shower to take the picture of the vanity/closet room through the door that separated the two spaces.

The door out of the vanity/closet room went into the bedroom and the door out of the bedroom leads to the living area of the suite. The living area was huge. We had 8 people in the living space on the couch and chairs. It was fun to have our family at the suite for dessert and champagne after dinner at a local restaurant, kind of like being at home. We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary, a little early with the Arizona family group.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

What type of bed? I can't remember if you use a hoyer.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    What type of bed? I can't remember if you use a hoyer.
    I don't use a hoyer or other type of lift. NL does a lift pivot transfer, but the bed was about 24 inches from floor to top of mattress. There was no platform and seemed like there was adequate clearance for a patient lift.

What a great space! The shower itself does seem cramped, but otherwise the suite sounds very accommodating.

Congratulations to you and NL, GJ! I wish you many, many more such celebrations (though 50 is a landmark in a territory all its own). May all your years together be richly blessed. We need a champagne glass emoticon!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I don't use a hoyer or other type of lift. NL does a lift pivot transfer, but the bed was about 24 inches from floor to top of mattress. There was no platform and seemed like there was adequate clearance for a patient lift.
    Thanks for the information. Congrats on 50 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    What a great space! The shower itself does seem cramped, but otherwise the suite sounds very accommodating.

Congratulations to you and NL, GJ! I wish you many, many more such celebrations (though 50 is a landmark in a territory all its own). May all your years together be richly blessed. We need a champagne glass emoticon!
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Thanks for the information. Congrats on 50 years!
    Thanks for the good wishes.

We have 3 gluten intolerant family members and so to accommodate that dietary restriction, NL found a baker in Scottsdale who made a Pavlova for the anniversary cake. Pavlova is an Australian dessert made with a meringue base, filled with whipped cream and garnished with berries or fruits of your choice. Better than cake!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'd heard of Pavlova, but didn't know exactly what it was. It looks and sounds delicious...a gluten-free decadent uncake.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions