Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotel List: beds without platforms, low beds, adjustable-height beds

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzbub View Post
    Found The Heathman in Portland, Oregon. Their website says Hoyer lift available on request.

https://heathmanhotel.com/rooms/accessible-rooms/
    Always have to have deep bedside tables removed. These side tables take up so much room behind my chair and I end up after a transfer too far down in the length of the bed, with my feet hanging over the end of the bed. Then it is a hassle to reposition me.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Always have to have deep bedside tables removed. These side tables take up so much room behind my chair and I end up after a transfer too far down in the length of the bed, with my feet hanging over the end of the bed. Then it is a hassle to reposition me.
    I agree 100%! Lees is better.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Totally the opposite for me, we have to have 2 vents set up plus suction machine, there is never enough bedside table space. I'm easily moved up the bed on a slide sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Totally the opposite for me, we have to have 2 vents set up plus suction machine, there is never enough bedside table space. I'm easily moved up the bed on a slide sheet.
    Do you use a hoyer lift to get in and out of bed?

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Do you use a hoyer lift to get in and out of bed?
    Yes, I usually rent a hospital bed and air mattress and have the hotel bed removed, just leaving the bed side tables for vents and suction machine

Yes, I usually rent a hospital bed and air mattress and have the hotel bed removed, just leaving the bed side tables for vents and suction machine
    Cool. Do you ever have a problem with the hotel bed being removed?

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Cool. Do you ever have a problem with the hotel bed being removed?
    I haven't so far, 5 years of having to go away for work 3 or 4 times a year, tend to use the same hotels once I find one that can accommodate my needs.

I haven't so far, 5 years of having to go away for work 3 or 4 times a year, tend to use the same hotels once I find one that can accommodate my needs.
    Yeah we are the same way. If we find a hotel that meets our needs we tend to use them. It's a pain in the butt to find the right hotels.

Hoyer-friendly hotels: Comfort Inn, 800 W. Interstate 20, Stanton, Texas, 432-756-1100, $135-172 (West Texas)

Comfortable Hoyer-friendly room in West Texas, lots of space, good bathroom. The Hoyer fits under a pullout sofa bed: I slept on it fine. Find photos and more details here.