Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: again plugged

happy dance went to dr 2 weeks ago x ray great nada nothing dr could not help say he don/t know wed we have our week prayer meeting I ask for prayer hands on prayer I have not plugged up or wet since

yes I am still irrigating but it clear very little sediment yes I give god the glory . so I give god the glory on that amen

yes I have prayed to get out of this dam chair that prayer not answered yet..

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hi vjls
    Have you been recommended to try the use of diluted acetic acid to flush your catheter? For people who run the risk of catheter obstruction, this solution breaks up the deposits a little better than saline or water. Some people have to use it on a regular basis to break up an obstruction and alternate with use of saline or water.

pbr
    diluted acetic acid
    What do you mean diluted? how much do you dilute it by like by what %? And also where do you keep this from?
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Congratulations, what are you using for irrigating? I want to do a happy dance :-)

homemade saline water

You do not use anything else before?

start with 25% acetic acid(vinegar) and the rest sterile water or tap water if not using sterile technique.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Any certain type of vinegar? And is it sterile? Also what is the ratio? Most food-grade vinegars only have between 4 and 7% acetic acid?
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-10-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You do not use anything else before?
    I had never irrigate till this year the last 3 weeks irrigate every moring with saline water then Monday wed Friday put that other in for about 3 minutes its great

I have hardly ever needed to irrigate in 40 years and have never had any kind of stones until last year I had to have some bladder stones laser removed. I've told Dr I have never had bladder stones before and he said I'm getting older. Go figure a great medical diagnosis