Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: again plugged

again plugged

changed cathe on the 1st, irrigate saline every other day, did Friday andthose long white strings are back and I plugged up Saturday morning clear urine. any Idea yes I had 2 large stones taken out in feb no infection then no ordor clear as a water. my friend help me change cathe the hole was clear but the tube filled with strings. any idea?
    I am beside my self I will be caling monday
    Last edited by vjls; 04-27-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: clearify

I don't have any advice, but I feel you. I have been dealing with increased plugging for 2.5 years after 15 years of mainly smooth sailing. I have tried everything under the sun, and nothing seems to consistently help. I thought that switching to a low friction catheter helped, but the sediment and plugging returned after a few months. Good luck buddy.

plugged again question though we took the 6cc out of balloon and the gunk popped out of stoma 8rine flowed frelely rather than changing cathe could I have just put 6 cc back in balloon and not pulled it out as it flowed freely?

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    plugged again question though we took the 6cc out of balloon and the gunk popped out of stoma 8rine flowed frelely rather than changing cathe could I have just put 6 cc back in balloon and not pulled it out as it flowed freely?
    You certainly could do that and it might work, at least until it plugged up again, but how about running it with the balloon half full and see how you do?
    What's to loose? Worst case is it pulls out and you might get wet again......which has been ongoing
    Makes me wonder.......is the balloon half full or half empty!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    You certainly could do that and it might work, at least until it plugged up again, but how about running it with the balloon half full and see how you do?
    What's to loose? Worst case is it pulls out and you might get wet again......which has been ongoing
    Makes me wonder.......is the balloon half full or half empty!
    its full we put in 6cc and take out about that much on a different not this am I was so tired last night after my girlfriend left I just left mes in bathroom so I cleaning up this am took sringe and tried to flush it nope I so I am baffled.. I cut cathe up it had stuff in but totally full

will call dr again tomorrow hopefully I get a call back or changing dr

Hi vjls
    Have you been recommended to try the use of diluted acetic acid to flush your catheter? For people who run the risk of catheter obstruction, this solution breaks up the deposits a little better than saline or water. Some people have to use it on a regular basis to break up an obstruction and alternate with use of saline or water.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

no first time mentioned but I will try anything I am at wits end so I can get it does a dr have to prescribe or interet thank youjust got back from dr office xray no stones. they don/t know why told him what you guys told, he said I don/t know
    they have me on 25m myrbetriq because leaking badly so of course I am soaked embarrassed he tell me to double 50mg see what happens

the dr that does that mitrofanoff is in Gainesville fl and Jacksonville that put a huge kink in idea

could nerves play a part of my bladder going nuts the last couple of weeks?
    Last edited by vjls; 07-23-2019 at 06:12 PM. Reason: question

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hi vjls
    Have you been recommended to try the use of diluted acetic acid to flush your catheter? For people who run the risk of catheter obstruction, this solution breaks up the deposits a little better than saline or water. Some people have to use it on a regular basis to break up an obstruction and alternate with use of saline or water.

pbr
    it seem I can buy this from Walmart looking at a thing for ohio say 1 pint to 5 teaspoon is that correct I will dang sure try also my dil mom in rn in operating room she said give up or cut back dairy. I eat drink a ton of dairy 1 gal of milk a week at least cottage cheese yougart now home made ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    it seem I can buy this from Walmart looking at a thing for ohio say 1 pint to 5 teaspoon is that correct I will dang sure try also my dil mom in rn in operating room she said give up or cut back dairy. I eat drink a ton of dairy 1 gal of milk a week at least cottage cheese yougart now home made ice cream
    Dairy will often plug people up. Do you have a lot of phlem?

Quote Originally Posted by tetracyclone View Post
    dairy will often plug people up. Do you have a lot of phlem?
    none