Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most succulent chicken I've ever had the pleasure of tasting

The most succulent chicken I've ever had the pleasure of tasting

I just had a stint in hospital and had the best chicken I've ever tasted. I mean it was almost jelly like. What is this black magic. How do I do this?

My guess is they boiled chicken thigh the pan seared it. Seems like too much hard work for a hospital needing to feed thousands.
    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

A college professor, a man I now consider my dad, once told me...
    "The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
    (1930- )

Recently got out of the hospital too and found the meats so tender and tasty you could cut them with a fork. I'm hoping their method was not some kind of chemical, maybe just an overdose of meat tenderizer for easy chewing for patients.

Fine dining restaurants can do it with red meat. I cant see why they cant do it with chicken. There has to be a method.
    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

A college professor, a man I now consider my dad, once told me...
    "The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
    (1930- )

I crockpot my chicken its tender juicey and I think it taste good

Sous vide. Then sear or broil or torch.

What you’re describing is perfect doneness. Sous Vide (slow cooking with perfect temperature control) is the only way to guarantee doneness.

Also, if you can stand to do it, sous vide is an excellent way to prep many servings of meat at a time, bc you cook it in sealed bags which can then easily be frozen and lo! many servings of chicken or salmon or carnitas or whatever. Very handy. And bc sous vide rarely done at high heat, even if you are as epically clumsy as I am in the kitchen, it’s quite possible to not get hurt.

Jelly ? probably some frozen pre-cooked chicken bits glued together with transglutaminase and some artificial meat tenderizers.

I absolutely will not eat over cooked chicken, lol. The chicken at the hospital I was at, was like leather, and the salmon was so over cooked that it had the texture of slightly overdone chicken.

I'm willing to bet you that most hospitals are not doing anything but shortcuts when it comes to cooking.
    Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!

Actually sous vide is a short cut. It takes more time to cook but that's time spent in the water bath. It's not time spent by humans. The amount of time a person has to spend with sous vide is far less. Like a crock pot, you set it and forget it. It saves time and clean up. Consistency and efficiency go way up with larger quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Actually sous vide is a short cut. It takes more time to cook but that's time spent in the water bath. It's not time spent by humans. The amount of time a person has to spend with sous vide is far less. Like a crock pot, you set it and forget it. It saves time and clean up. Consistency and efficiency go way up with larger quantities.

I have cooked many things sous vide when able bodied, but I would never of described the most moist chicken in my life as "almost jelly like".... That's what has thrown me off, but maybe it was just an extreme analogy. That's what led me to think that's is probably pre-cooked frozen, because the texture of that sorta chicken that I've had is almost spongey like.
    Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!