Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botox problem

Botox problem

So, i finally got botox for my bladder on monday. Its been 5 days. I havent noticed much. Although im leaking between every cath now. Im not having full out accidents, but those were rare before. Any thoughts?

Give it time. If you have not noticed improvement in another 5 days, something is wrong. Mine usually hit full benefit in 10 to 14 days.

Okay. Thank you. I am concernwdbthey didnt give enough

Had my first round back in October and it took two months before I saw any results and when I did they were great! I did notice a period of excess incontinence about three weeks after the first Botox but it gradually ceased then it began to work for me. I just had my second round last month and it started working about a week after injection. It's different for everyone and I almost didn't get it done the second time until I heard someone in an online group say it took her two months for her first round to begin working. Not sure the reason for that but it happened to me as well. Best of luck to you with it!

I sure hope its just time. Im leaking kike a sieve.

Some notice difference right away. Others 7-14 days.
    Of course, others it doesn't work at all or after so many times, not as effective.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I think its starting. Got nearly 400 today. Ive been about 100 lower than usual since the procedure with being damp in between.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    So, i finally got botox for my bladder on monday. Its been 5 days. I havent noticed much. Although im leaking between every cath now. Im not having full out accidents, but those were rare before. Any thoughts?
    Has your doctor prescribed an anticholinergic medication. Sometimes you will need these anti spasm medications in addition to Botox.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    I takr baclofen when needed
    Sorry I was too vague. I'm talking about anticholinergic drugs that help to calm bladder spasms.
    • Oxybutynin (Ditropan XL, Oxytrol)
    • Tolterodine (Detrol)
    • Darifenacin (Enablex)
    • Solifenacin (Vesicare)
    • Trospium.
    • Fesoterodine (Toviaz)

Sometimes these drugs are necessary to bridge the gap between having Botox injections and when they take effect or sometimes they are taken in addition to having Botox injections.