Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nothing like making you feel even more paralyzed

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Hey Chesbay
    Thanks, you're very accurate .
    Am I going to like it here? I friggin hope so. I'm done renovating homes and I'm not even a third way done with this old dog. I moved to Manasquan NJ. It's a cute town, I'm sure not as nice as the Virginia coast but it's just 10 mins to the grandkids...my life's pleasant distraction that think riding on my wheelchair is cool.
    Great choice Tim! I grew up at the Jersey Shore ( Toms River when it was much smaller) and truly a special place. As Ancient says the boardwalks, ocean, great food, by the slice. My Mom lived in Point Pleasant during her final years and loved going down to the Manasquan inlet... and the ice cream vendor there.

Best of all being by grandkids and family, Enjoy! It's going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    Great choice Tim! I grew up at the Jersey Shore ( Toms River when it was much smaller) and truly a special place. As Ancient says the boardwalks, ocean, great food, by the slice. My Mom lived in Point Pleasant during her final years and loved going down to the Manasquan inlet... and the ice cream vendor there.

Best of all being by grandkids and family, Enjoy! It's going to be great.
    I lived in Bayville for like 15 years, beautiful area.

I'm within an hour of you. Let's meet for lunch one day, once you get settled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I lived in Bayville for like 15 years, beautiful area.
    Yes Jim, very familiar with Bayville area. Good old Route 9, Barnegat Bay, the Pine Barrens, Double Trouble Cranberry bogs and more... good memories.

When I was a kid we had an annual tradition that my aunt from Wisconsin and my uncle from Lambertville and my cousins would also go down to Chapman's Pier on the Manaquan inlet and go crabbing, then buy clams on the way back for a feast at our house. I remember it like it was yesterday!
    The masons twine and fish heads weighted down with used spark plugs. The leaky wooden rowboats.
    The shop on the nearby highway with a pole sign with an sliced up Crosley car on it. The sunken inboard boat in a slip that must have been there 20 years already fired my ambition to go skin divinest.
    All great stuff!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

When I was a kid, Carlson's used to be a bait shop combination ice cream place across the street from Manasquan Inlet. On the other corner was Toby's a small restaurant owned and operated by a wheelchair user. We would fish for stripers from the Manasquan jetty in the late fifties, early sixties

Would love to live in Manasquan, enjoy TimC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I'm within an hour of you. Let's meet for lunch one day, once you get settled in.
    Thank Patton57: most welcoming of you, be careful however I may just take you up on your offer.
    Meanwhile I'm waiting for the Town to approve my alt plans , and my grass is nearly gone to seed !