Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with this line of work?

Anyone familiar with this line of work?

I never even heard of this and haven't seen it discussed here

https://www.wingsforlife.com/en/late...d-repair-1485/
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

The article is two years old so I'm assuming it is a dud so far.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

One of the doctors in the picture is Dr. Elizabeth Bradbury who discovered chondroitinase and Dr. Silver talked very highly of her in one his presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    One of the doctors in the picture is Dr. Elizabeth Bradbury who discovered chondroitinase and Dr. Silver talked very highly of her in one his presentations.
    The Bradbury lab didn't discover the enzyme but they have worked extensively with it including viral vector delivery. Animal studies using the enzyme for SCI actually date back decades far before Elizabeth Bradbury's career.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25319196

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The Bradbury lab didn't discover the enzyme but they have worked extensively with it including viral vector delivery. Animal studies using the enzyme for SCI actually date back decades far before Elizabeth Bradbury's career.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25319196
    Hi Grammy,

Thank you for correcting me. I should not have used the word discover if I did not have the correct information.

I was just trying to point out that there were really good researchers in that picture and hopefully their works will help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    Hi Grammy, Thank you for correcting me. I should not have used the word discover if I did not have the correct information.
    I was just trying to point out that there were really good researchers in that picture and hopefully their works will help us all.

You're welcome scimike, and you are right, we do have a lot of really good dedicated researchers that are working on all aspects of SCI that need study and results.

(Just FYI for the record): Actually it was Jerry Silver who first used it in models of CNS development and regeneration to degrade CSPGs and improve axonal outgrowth. The very first paper was Snow et al 1990 and then lots more. The Brits didn't get involved until 2002 with using Chondroitinase. It was over a decade later that Liz Bradbury and James Fawcett's labs got heavily involved with it after the Silver lab first started using it. The work on this really goes back a long way!
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-25-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post

You're welcome scimike, and you are right, we do have a lot of really good dedicated researchers that are working on all aspects of SCI that need study and results.

(Just FYI for the record): Actually it was Jerry Silver who first used it in models of CNS development and regeneration to degrade CSPGs and improve axonal outgrowth. The very first paper was Snow et al 1990 and then lots more. The Brits didn't get involved until 2002 with using Chondroitinase. It was over a decade later that Liz Bradbury and James Fawcett's labs got heavily involved with it after the Silver lab first started using it. The work on this really goes back a long way!
    Pretty depressing that Chondroitinase has been around for some 30 years yet there seems to be no trials on the horizon.

Has there ever been any use of chondroitinase abc use in a human before? even one case?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubby View Post
    Has there ever been any use of chondroitinase abc use in a human before? even one case?
    A generic of the enzyme. Many people injected in a herniated disc trial in Japan. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29257028

All... I wasn't even concerned with talk of chondroitinase in this thread which is what the conversation got diverted to. I was looking for information or to see if anyone was aware of this "neuroegulin-1"... Or is Neuroregulin another term for chondroitinase or something?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature