Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone familiar with this line of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The article is two years old so I'm assuming it is a dud so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    All... I wasn't even concerned with talk of chondroitinase in this thread which is what the conversation got diverted to. I was looking for information or to see if anyone was aware of this "neuroegulin-1"... Or is Neuroregulin another term for chondroitinase or something?
    Pop Quiz?

Why is studying the molecular switch to drive remyelination important (https://www.wingsforlife.com/en/late...d-repair-1485/) when the Tetzlaff lab has reported spontaneous locomotor recovery after SCI is not altered by remyelination failure? (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05473-1)

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Pretty depressing that Chondroitinase has been around for some 30 years yet there seems to be no trials on the horizon.
    It is. My own personal thought is that there won't be a trial because of many various issues including the delivery. In the meantime, there are efforts to find something that will work just as well in humans without all the issues that make Chondroitinase a problem to trial and market.

Does chondroitinase abc have trial on human beings?
    Caregiver of SCI/D with more than 10 years of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubby View Post
    Has there ever been any use of chondroitinase abc use in a human before? even one case?
    Quote Originally Posted by samcheng0327 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    A generic of the enzyme. Many people injected in a herniated disc trial in Japan. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29257028
    No trial of Chondroitinase for SCI.

Quote Originally Posted by samcheng0327 View Post
    No not at the moment I understand, but I am led to believe that the medical reasearch council are casting their eye over it . Grammy has said before the antibiotic used to switch off the vectors does not compleatly switch it off, but I spoke to Proff Elizabeth Bradbury just before christmas and she said the expression left does not do anything and that equates to 1% approx, but neverther the less its still present ,, thats the issue

Quote Originally Posted by lollypop View Post
    No not at the moment I understand, but I am led to believe that the medical reasearch council are casting their eye over it . Grammy has said before the antibiotic used to switch off the vectors does not compleatly switch it off, but I spoke to Proff Elizabeth Bradbury just before christmas and she said the expression left does not do anything and that equates to 1% approx, but neverther the less its still present ,, thats the issue
    I would imagine they would want to devise a construct that had no leakage. If not, they would be taking chances of not making it through the LTFU protocol satisfactorily. Either way, to make it to the clinic, it will require lots more expense and time. https://www.fda.gov/media/113768/download