Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricon KlearVue Lift problem, again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ricon KlearVue Lift problem, again.

Hi, I was hoping to get some assistance with my lift, again.
    I posted last fall about my lift would Deploy but would not lower. August West gave gave info and advice on setting limit switches and it cured it til now.
    Lift was not doing Deploy correctly, leaving lift just partly in Deploy with still partly folded.
    I adjusted, rather tried to adjust Limit Switches with the set screws.
    After awhile I realized the Breaker on top of lift motor was tripping when holding Deploy button on control pendant.
    Well by now, before realizing Breaker was tripped I have adjust set screw clockwise and counterclockwise several times.
    So, I used Manual pump to lower lift into Deploy position.
    Lift will Down/UP and Stow with no issue.
    But, Deploy it will not do unless use Manual pump and raise Inward Rollplate to allow lift to Deploy.
    Found by accident if hit wrongly the Down button instead of Deploy lift will Deploy but continues all way to ground unless let go of button.

So, could still be just need keep adjusting set screws for Limit Switches?
    Could be Control Pendant's Deploy button is worn out, original pendant and lift is a bit over 15 years old?
    Any advice, ideas on what is wrong and needs done or replacement parts that need?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Hi, I was hoping to get some assistance with my lift, again.
    I posted last fall about my lift would Deploy but would not lower. August West gave gave info and advice on setting limit switches and it cured it til now.
    Lift was not doing Deploy correctly, leaving lift just partly in Deploy with still partly folded.
    I adjusted, rather tried to adjust Limit Switches with the set screws.
    After awhile I realized the Breaker on top of lift motor was tripping when holding Deploy button on control pendant.
    Well by now, before realizing Breaker was tripped I have adjust set screw clockwise and counterclockwise several times.
    So, I used Manual pump to lower lift into Deploy position.
    Lift will Down/UP and Stow with no issue.
    But, Deploy it will not do unless use Manual pump and raise Inward Rollplate to allow lift to Deploy.
    Found by accident if hit wrongly the Down button instead of Deploy lift will Deploy but continues all way to ground unless let go of button.

So, could still be just need keep adjusting set screws for Limit Switches?
    Could be Control Pendant's Deploy button is worn out, original pendant and lift is a bit over 15 years old?
    Any advice, ideas on what is wrong and needs done or replacement parts that need?
    Thanks!
    Seems like a different limit switch problem. I believe the first issue had to do with limit switches located on the cam above the control box. Seems that this limit switch issue has to do with the limit switches inside the lift arm.

If a limit switch closes to bypass a motor, then this may result in excessive current, which will trip a breaker or blow a fuse. A properly designed circuit has a current limiting resistor to prevent this from happening. But who knows what rework has been done. Best bet is to only engage a switch while the lift is moving and release it as soon as possible.

But if this lift is 15 years old and this problem of tripping the breaker is new, then it's probably not the circuit design. More likely case is the battery is failing. Happened to me. Mechanic dicked around with intermittent problems for days with no success. Replaced the battery and all problem solved. Autozone will do a free battery test.

I'm not familiar with that lift, but if the the breaker is tripping it's because there's a short or somethings causing a heavy draw. Could also be a poor ground or corrosion in a wire. As far as the pendant switch, they seldom go bad, but you could try swapping the switches in the pendant to see if the symptom changes. Here's a manual if you don't have one: https://www.riconcorp.com/pdfs/32dss102/32dss102D.1.pdf

"Thank ya'll!" Hoping easy fix like last time.
    If it's a Limit Switch in lift arm, know neighbor won't attempt that since no place we could support weight of lift if have take those apart.
    Guess have figure out if can shop around for a new lift shop.
    Battery should be good, van running when trying to use lift. Plus everything but Deploy worked.
    Had grounding strap on 1996 Doge Van with same brand and model lift before got this van that it took spells not work but not just for one function it random quit even while lifting. The cable and strap was rusted and contact was hit/miss depending on luck.
    Again, Thank you both!

The limit switches in the arm can be adjusted without taking anything apart.

On a side note, it's not true that running the motor guarantees full power. Because everything runs on the battery not the alternator. The alternator is there only to charge the battery. If the battery is bad, the alternator may not be able to charge it and you won't have full power even with the motor running.

If the up/down is working, especially when occupied with user and chair, more than likely the battery is good.

Do you remember the problem I had with the power sliding door sticking when opening? It wouldn't open at all uphill. Wasn't the hinges or motor. It was a bad battery. The lift worked fine. The battery was good enough to start the motor so there was no obvious sign of a bad battery. But when tested, the voltage was around 9V (should be 12.5V) with the motor off and around 11V (should be 14V) with the motor on. The current rating was 900A. But it delivering closer to 500A, which is fine for most loads in warm weather but it wasn't enough to kick the door out and uphill. New battery now and the lift, door, and seat all move faster and stronger. The door opens uphill no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Do you remember the problem I had with the power sliding door sticking when opening? It wouldn't open at all uphill. Wasn't the hinges or motor. It was a bad battery. The lift worked fine. The battery was good enough to start the motor so there was no obvious sign of a bad battery. But when tested, the voltage was around 9V (should be 12.5V) with the motor off and around 11V (should be 14V) with the motor on. The current rating was 900A. But it delivering closer to 500A, which is fine for most loads in warm weather but it wasn't enough to kick the door out and uphill. New battery now and the lift, door, and seat all move faster and stronger. The door opens uphill no problem.
    You had 11v with your motor running? You might have had a bad connection if your alternator isn't failing.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.