Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ricon KlearVue Lift problem, again.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    On my lift, these screws are on the arm. The arm is vertical in the picture because the lift is stowed. Of course the arm is horizontal when the lift is deployed. Your owner's manual will tell you exactly where the limit switches are. If the lift is deploying but not going down, I bet dollars to donuts that the reason is a limit switch setting, a limit switch connection, or a limit switch failure.
    Is that a Ricon Lift?
    Mine is a Ricon KlearVue Model K2010. Limit switches are under the motor/hydraulic box cover. Well the two setscrews I know about and you helped me adjust lift before using these.
    Is there more than those two?
    If there is more setscrews please let me know and where to look and will see if neighbor has time to look at it this weekend. I have surgeon's appointment Monday and would rather use my van than Transit since they only take one powerchair at time and really like my wife to hear what doctor has to say about me.
    Lift once Deployed will function normally. Up/Down and Stow. It just will not Deply with Pendant. Either have to do it Manually by using release with Pump Handle or can lift up on inward RollGate and push Down Switch on Pendant. Neighbor found this out by trying get it to work. That is why he/we think it is bad button/switch on Pendant.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Is that a Ricon Lift?
    Mine is a Ricon KlearVue Model K2010. Limit switches are under the motor/hydraulic box cover. Well the two setscrews I know about and you helped me adjust lift before using these.
    Is there more than those two?
    If there is more setscrews please let me know and where to look and will see if neighbor has time to look at it this weekend. I have surgeon's appointment Monday and would rather use my van than Transit since they only take one powerchair at time and really like my wife to hear what doctor has to say about me.
    Lift once Deployed will function normally. Up/Down and Stow. It just will not Deply with Pendant. Either have to do it Manually by using release with Pump Handle or can lift up on inward RollGate and push Down Switch on Pendant. Neighbor found this out by trying get it to work. That is why he/we think it is bad button/switch on Pendant.
    RollGate? What do you mean? Your lift has 3 limit switches. Their location and adjustment procedure are in the service manual that Rustyjames posted.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Did you ever get this resolved?
    Somewhat fixed but need take back to get limit switches re=adjusted, I think.
    Local auto repair place that neighbor recommended after talking with them himself.Place does fleet vehicles where he works.
    They never delt with wheelchair lift but only had it a week. Said they talked alot with, I guess Ricon about problems they found while testing it.
    A solenoid on stow(?) was replaced, one on passenger side of vehicle.
    Cost was not much more for them to repair than lift shop in city to diagnosis which the lift shop had attempted @ least last 2 times before we gave up on them. IF won't work before we left lift shop and they only wanted to set another appointment to come back n couple weeks.

Right after auto shop got though it worked great for several weeks. Now sometimes have cycle back to stow to deploy for 'Down' to operate.
    We been to busy with medical stuff to get back to them, yet.
    "Thank you" for asking!

You say the deploy switch gets the platform only so far. Then the down switch further deploys it and then fully lowers it. That is how it is supposed to work. The limit switches select the platform position where the transition of motor control changes from deploy switch to down switch. Ideally, the transition would be when the platform position is level with the van floor. But if the transition happens when the platform position is still slightly folded, so what? Mine does the same thing. I could adjust the limit switches but I don't worry about it. If you want, you can look at pages 2-15 and 2-16 of the user manual. It spells out the procedure to select where the transition happens.

https://www.riconcorp.com/pdfs/32dss102/32dss102D.1.pdf

"Thanks!" About only thing that bothers me is since been acting up is the 'Down' button no longer fully 'Deploy' lift to flat position and for 'Down' to work have recycle at least a few inches then 'Deploy', again.
    Just booger have back back in van to 'Stow' and 'Deploy' agin to get it go down to ground.
    Got where just tap 'Down' button before drive out on its, so don't have back off lift to get it to wor going down.
    Hope that makes sense? Your right it's no big deal.

There are three sets of controls: 1) pendant inside the van, 2) arm of lift platform, and 3) on the outside of the van.

In my van, if the down switch on the arm of the lift platform does not work, that is because I did not lower it enough using the pendant switches before I got onto the lift (of course, this problem only happens getting out of the van not getting in). I use the down button on the pendant to jog the lift down just a bit. Then the down button on the arm of lift platform will work. All this fiddling goes away if the limit switches are adjusted properly. But like I said, it doesn't bother me and I just live with it. One of these days, I'll get around to fine tuning the limit switches.

The down button is not supposed to fully deploy the lift. It takes control only after the deploy switch ceases control. Next time you notice the problem of the lift not lowering using the down switch on the arm of the lift platform, try lowering it using the down switch on the pendant. If that works, then that verifies what I am saying.

Mine is commercial lift, so no toggle switch on arm of platform and got dealer to delete the seat-belt on platform arms. Since we lived in downtown in city we did not have any controls on outside of van since van to tall for parking decks.
    So, just use control hand pendant to lift.