Thread: mitroffanoff

mitroffanoff

I have had it with clogging up they can not seem to know why of course it always at night or first thing in am

I am 68 be 69 in a few month I would say I am vey healthy looking around Tallahassee for 1 that does this but not luck

or maybe I am not asking correctly

any advice in locating 1 atlanta piedmont is an option I know they do

?

You know that with a Mitrofanoff you will need to catheterize yourself through the stoma 5-6X daily (and even more often initially)?

Since you have been using an indwelling catheter for some time, it is likely that you now have a very small capacity bladder. This might require that you also have augmentation (clam-shell augmentation) in addition to the Mitrofanoff. This is not a small surgery, and may require a lengthy recovery period and hospitalization of from 4-10 days.

Do you still have your appendix? While a Mitrofanoff can be done with small intestine if not, it is a more complex surgery.

Mitrofanoffs have been used for many years for children with spina bifida, so you may find that a pediatric urologist who works with the SB population is the best bet for a surgeon who has done a lot of these surgeries. Don't be someone's first or second for this procedure!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

yes mam I do have appendix I did not know that as I was reading that c7 and he said he di about every 6 to 8 hrs but I drink so much. just so frustrated. with this clogging up its only at night

this m got up bag was 1100 cc full cathe was white i roll it with my palms to break it up like every morning but i knew 1 hr later it was plugging up and we tried to irragate but it was plugged up in cathe and the hole

i had 2 stone removed first of march. they my gp dr ran uti test took nitrofurantoin macrocystal 2 times a for 7 day i think that was 5/15 . i am frustrated

i will look at that to pediatric thank you
    no i won/t be their first i would go to atlanta piedmont by shephard first.they do them

Definitely look into a pediatric urologist. Or Shepherd. You need someone who knows the issues that a person with sci may have.

Let us know how you make out.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.