Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a used Stricker handbike. I have a few questions.

Those links and your photo are interesting things to keep in mind. I would not have thought of any of those options.

Ok . . .this thread has me convinced that i need to buy one. Any dealers in Sacramento CA? Pat - - you have consistently been one of the great contributors to this site. Thank you for sharing all of your expertise.

Thanks Hugh.

I suggest you contact John at Bike-on. He'll give the best price and is the go to man for parts and questions. If you're thinking about an attachable hand cycle; the Stricker is the best. I was blown away by the quality parts used and how efficient it rode. The only drawback I have with it was the setting it up. I feel there should be marks on the spread arms to ensure the bike is centered more easily. And, being an older para with shot shoulders, it would be nice to be able to cruise, I have the Lipo, at a decent speed without pedaling. But, those are very minor complaints, if a complaint at all.

No matter which bike you choose, the main thing is to get out there and ride. I'm really liking the fact I can ride somewhere, disconnect the bike and have the freedom to wheel anywhere. I was very hesitant about buying an attachable but sure glad I spoke with John to ease the apprehension. I still ride my recumbent mostly though it's nice to ride the Stricker when I otherwise would have stayed home because of possible inclimate weather.

I am a quad c6c7 yes getting it set up is a little tough but dam its fun I go all over with mine its my social butterfly and I get a great tan and cardi and its just freedom

Im happy to help. I do give discounted pricing to my cc friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick madsen View Post
    thanks hugh.

I suggest you contact john at bike-on. He'll give the best price and is the go to man for parts and questions. If you're thinking about an attachable hand cycle; the stricker is the best. I was blown away by the quality parts used and how efficient it rode. The only drawback i have with it was the setting it up. I feel there should be marks on the spread arms to ensure the bike is centered more easily. And, being an older para with shot shoulders, it would be nice to be able to cruise, i have the lipo, at a decent speed without pedaling. But, those are very minor complaints, if a complaint at all.

No matter which bike you choose, the main thing is to get out there and ride. I'm really liking the fact i can ride somewhere, disconnect the bike and have the freedom to wheel anywhere. I was very hesitant about buying an attachable but sure glad i spoke with john to ease the apprehension. I still ride my recumbent mostly though it's nice to ride the stricker when i otherwise would have stayed home because of possible inclimate weather.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I think Bike-on is the only place in the USA now. The places that used to sell them that I was aware of seem to be no longer in Business. Even when they were still in business Bike-on had the best prices and still does. Best I can tell they have not gone up on prices

Quote Originally Posted by hugheswf View Post
    Ok . . .this thread has me convinced that i need to buy one. Any dealers in Sacramento CA? Pat - - you have consistently been one of the great contributors to this site. Thank you for sharing all of your expertise.