Thread: v or tapered front end on wheellchair

v or tapered front end on wheellchair

i think its just preference but what do yall like better and why
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Blog Entries
    I prefer V, because that's the only way to get an exact measurement on the footrest. Tapered front end is fine, if one of the taper options also happens to end up creating the footrest width you want, but I find all of them way too wide.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

If you order a tilite, you can specify all the measurements on the front end. Meaning you can get exactly the footrest width you want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeyboy1 View Post
    If you order a tilite, you can specify all the measurements on the front end. Meaning you can get exactly the footrest width you want.
    Only if you select V front end, right? Selecting the tapered front end option limits the footrest width to one of 3 settings (depending on seat width and desired taper amount).
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I have the V. Because tapered seems like it would be more difficult to get legs in and out.

The order form only shows three options, however, you can specify any size/dimensions you want.

Blog Entries
    Since this is a question about the differences, the key take away is: When choosing a tapered front end, there are 3 dimensions involved: seat width, taper amount, and footrest width. The user can only pick 2 of them, leaving the third to be determined, by relative necessity, off the other 2. So, it is possible to specify footrest, using Designs Unlimited customization, and a tapered front end, but that (plus seat width) will dictate taper amount, or vice versa (choosing seat and taper will dictate footrest, etc) All 3 dimensions aren't user configurable; also worth noting that a Designs Unlimited custom footrest width, with tapered front, will set that footrest width all the way up the front end, to the taper bend, which might not be ideal, but maybe that's exactly what some user might want. It is just important for the user to know all these interdependent variables when deciding, IMO.
    Last edited by Oddity; 04-15-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    I have the V. Because tapered seems like it would be more difficult to get legs in and out.

thats what i was thinking i have a v now ive had the tapered b4 but probably stick with the v
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]