Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cbd oil for back pain relief ?

Quote Originally Posted by smity50 View Post
    Save your money. It's all hype.

However, if pharmaceutical companies are interested in the effects and possibilities for relieving pain, it is probably not without reason.

Stay away from "Hemp Bomb" name brand. It's one of the bogus brands. Word is out so they may change it's name.
    A CBD store a few miles from me, grows and makes their own CBD. That's the kind that would really tell you if it works, for you.
    With any booming industry, there will always be snake oil salesmen. There is a lot of them in CBD.
    Last edited by Gearhead; 07-16-2019 at 10:09 PM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Stay away from "Hemp Bomb" name brand. It's one of the bogus brands. Word is out so they may change it's name.
    A CBD store a few miles from me, grows and makes their own CBD. That's the kind that would really tell you if it works, for you.
    With any booming industry, there will always be snake oil salesmen. There is a lot of them in CBD.
    One could argue that the CBD business is a snake oil business.

Thus far well done studies have shown efficacy for seizures, and a strong possibility that it helps with psychosis (ie hallucinations). The doses for efficacy in medical trials are like 300 to 1200 mg PER DAY.

The internet tells me this type of a dose (let's just say 300 mg a day) costs around $30 a day (so $900 a month) and an "average" effective dose of CBD would be well over $1500 a month. The minimum effective daily dose (for the disorders the medical community knows or strongly suspects it helps with) is significantly more than most CBD bottles that are sold to the public and intended for multiple uses.

I haven't tried CBD (except perhaps in small doses when mixed with another more pleasurable cannabinoid in a naturally occurring plant-like form) because it seems like everyone is getting way too carried away with their placebo effects from it.

I too tried it for neuropathic pain with no effect.

No scientific evidence that CBD does anything.

Actually, UAB hospital, in Birmingham AL did studies with epileptic infants/children using CBD with trace of THC. Many parents have said it saved their child's life.
    Yes, the THC probably helped but it was only a small trace amount. Before CBD became legal in AL, many parents moved out of state to save their child's suffering.
    Due to this, Alabama's legislators are trying to make medical pot legal.
    Pure CBD is not as common as most would think. Some contain carcinogens and other BS ingredients.
    Until FDA steps in, it's a crap shoot as to what you are getting unless you find a farm to table hemp grower.
    If it is a placebo effect that is providing relief in some adults, well, relief in any fashion is a blessing.

Actually, UAB hospital, in Birmingham AL did studies with epileptic infants/children using CBD with trace of THC. Many parents have said it saved their child's life.
    Yes, the THC probably helped but it was only a small trace amount. Before CBD became legal in AL, many parents moved out of state to save their child's suffering.
    Due to this, Alabama's legislators are trying to make medical pot legal.
    Pure CBD is not as common as most would think. Some contain carcinogens and other BS ingredients.
    Until FDA steps in, it's a crap shoot as to what you are getting unless you find a farm to table hemp grower.
    If it is a placebo effect that is providing relief in some adults, well, relief in any fashion is a blessing.
    I don't know if those studies are actual scientific proof of anything. By the same logic cbd oil claims to have so many benefits I decided to see if it would help my CAR. So I did a study. I added a pint of cbd oil to my van, car, and jeeps motor oil. I got 5 miles more per gallon of gas from the van and car but not the jeep. CBD must help improve gas mileage in vans and cars.

This is old news, the study was completed at least a year ago.

Carly's Law (Alabama)
    https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...stant-epilepsy
    Last edited by Gearhead; 07-17-2019 at 08:19 PM.

This is old news, the study was completed at least a year ago.

Carly's Law (Alabama)
    https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...stant-epilepsy
    Um well your old news in Alabama is spot on my car analogy. They gave kids with seizures cbd oil. that has thc in it, read the article, and it helped them. GOOD. Why or how? Can you say for sure it wasn't the thc that helped them? It helped my gas mileage, why or how? Can you say it didn't?

Then lets say cbd does work for epileptic seizures. What does that have to do with pain relief or any of the many other ailments it supposedly helps?

So go ahead a rub that cream all over yourself and drink that cbd infused tincture. Tell yourself it's helping. Feed the pharmaceutical monsters. I'll wait for the facts.

READ THE ARTICLE https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...stant-epilepsy
    This is not the only article written on CBD.

The facts are in the UAB conclusions. The TRACE amount of THC was/is very very small. LESS THAN 0.3%. 0.3% is considered a psychoactive and illegal in many states.
    I tried the oil, it didn't help me. Was it one of the many bogus oils or it just didn't work for me? Who knows.
    I do know the vape oil I have helps my nerve pain/burn/tingle. It may be the real stuff, not sure, no label, was a gift.

My doctors are at UAB. I tried to get in the study before start up, looking for spasm help. It was for epileptics only that were resistant to other treatments, so I didn't qualify.
    I talked with many docs about the study while it was ongoing. All said it was saving children's lives. Fact: people die from epileptic seizures, infants/children are more vulnerable.
    CBD is not a miracle med. It helps with some issues for some people but not all people, not all issues. Too much can make you feel bad and may react with other meds. This is why we need an FDA crack down.
    Last edited by Gearhead; 07-18-2019 at 08:11 PM. Reason: fact addition