Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TX sideguard screws and washers, where to find/buy????

TiLite TX sideguard screws and washers, where to find/buy????

See attached pic. Where can I buy/find the "washer" shown in the attached pic? It would be nice to find the screws (in stainless steel) also, but I have added a spacer on the other side of the sideguard, so need longer than what TiLite delivered the chair with. I need a 6-32 x 5/8. I found very similar in a local hardware store and Fastenal, but the heads are a little smaller.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Joe-MN; 04-06-2019 at 02:17 AM. Reason: corrected the dimensions
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

You could go to tilite..... or mcmastercar.com they sell just about eveything

I have three of the washers and two screws.
    Give me your address and I'll drop them in the mail.
    (I modified my sideguards and ended up drilling out the threads and using pan-head screws with nuts. The (12 year) screws didn't want to come out!)
    The screws may have a finer pitch than what you photographed, at least it looks like that. I think they're titanium. Not much weight difference.

EDIT: I went into my screw dept: I found five more washers in the 6/32 bin.
    The screws that came out of my chair are 6/36, but I see it doesn't matter because you need longer ones.
    FYI: the screws that retain electrical outlets and face-plates are 6/32 and have counter-sunk heads, inside ones flat-faced, outside slightly radiused.
    Last edited by pfcs49; 04-06-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Screws
    https://www.mcmaster.com/92210a150

And countersunk washers
    https://www.mcmaster.com/98466a007

In quantities of 100 each

Telephone TiLite's Customer Service.

Telephone TiLite's Customer Service. Have your serial number ready. Tell them what parts you need and they will send you them plus extras. I lost several of them about a year ago and they sent me 6 of each, no charge.

TiLite Customer Service (800) 545-2266.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    Screws
    https://www.mcmaster.com/92210a150

And countersunk washers
    https://www.mcmaster.com/98466a007

In quantities of 100 each
    Are we 100% sure these are the right size?

If so that would be really tempting for a total of like $10.

I've lost/broken 10 of these in the last 7 years that I've owned my chair, so I'm back down to 2 on each side, which means when one more of them fails I'm gonna be in trouble.

Yes, for my chair anyway

I had the 6-32 bolts I purchased from Fastenal quite a few years ago. And then bought some 6-32 bolts from Homedepot when I wrongly thought the ones from Fastenal were to short. Both the Fastenal and Homedepot thread in easy.

Note that pfcs49 says his are 6-36. So perhaps they are not all the same. The individual bolts are cheap at hardware stores, you could buy one of each and see which one your chair has. Also check your length required.

I need to buy some other hardware that McMaster has, so I can buy the bolts (I need 6-32 x 5/8) and the countersunk washers. They come in packs of 100 each. If people need them, I could mail out 10 or so to whoever. I would also buy a pack of 6-32 x 1/2 assuming that is the stock length.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Are we 100% sure these are the right size?

If so that would be really tempting for a total of like $10.

I've lost/broken 10 of these in the last 7 years that I've owned my chair, so I'm back down to 2 on each side, which means when one more of them fails I'm gonna be in trouble.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

McMaster also has black oxide finished stainless steel if you do not want the 'bling'.

Click the "]18-8 Stainless Steel Hex Drive Flat Head Screws" link, not sure why the direct link does not work.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/hex-drive-flat-head-screws

"Note that pfcs49 says his are 6-36. So perhaps they are not all the same. The individual bolts are cheap at hardware stores, you could buy one of each and see which one your chair has."

For sure mine are #6/36tpi, but mine is a Ti chair, circa 2001; my ~2006 TRC sidegaurds also have the same screws; 6/36 is not a common hardware.
    The nominal fine thread for #6 fasteners is 32tpi (threads per inch)
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Endo, i forgot to thank you for finding the items at McMaster. I never would of thought of them for the countersunk washers.

I am going to order 100 each: of the washers, 6-32 x 5/8 screws, and 6-32 x 1/2 screws. I will update this thread after I get them. (Hmmm, I better double check that the originals were 1/2" in length).