Thread: Joni Eareckson Tada in hospital.

Joni Eareckson Tada in hospital.

Joni Eareckson Tada in hospital.

From her Facebook page she states, "God bless you for all your many intercessions, especially during the last 10 days I've been hospitalized. I'm still battling pneumonia, but we are closer to an overall diagnosis.

My chest pain and breathing problems seem to be due to my long-term quadriplegia. I am unable to breathe efficiently (exchanging CO2 for O2), and with that, exacerbated by sleep apnea, it's no wonder I've been saying for the last six months or so, "Oh my goodness, I just can't get a good breath!"

My condition will be treated medically. And by the way, the doctors believe radiation is not the cause for all this? It's been building over time.

All this has made me astounded at how fearfully and wonderfully God has made us!!! My spirits are bright and optimistic, and I'm so thankful to Jesus for carrying me through all this :-). Just like He says in Isaiah 46:4 "I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
    Thank you for again praying! One more thing: Please note my patient goals for the day :-)."

I hope she gets well soon!

When I was in hospital for my spinal cord injury she wrote me. Here's the letter she sent me. Envelope dated June 5th, 1987.

Ti

UPDATE: 04.09.2019 8:28 p.m

From Facebook:

"I just signed my discharge papers and I am? Free! Praising God for healing of my lungs. Fresh air never felt so good! God bless you for praying me to this marvelous release after 14 days in the hospital! Onward and upward "

Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 04-09-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Blog Entries
    What a remarkable person.

I've been praying for her since I learned her cancer returned. Strong woman, thanks be to God.

What a lovely letter Joni wrote you early on, thank you for sharing that. I hope she will start to feel better very soon.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Go Joni, go! I love the strength and attitude as God can make anything possible!!!!!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

She was a big inspiration after I was injured. I’m glad she is better and out of the hospital!

I got to meet her back in 2014 a few years after I was injured. She's been a quad for over 50 years now and is the same person today she was in that letter posted above. We still stay in touch through a mutual group of people that deal with chronic pain. She is C4-5 complete I believe, recently went though her second fight with cancer, and is the most joyful person you will ever meet. Her heart and attitude after this many years is one of the best examples of the existence of God in someones life I can think of. Her ministry has donated almost 200,000 wheelchairs to people in need around the world.

The power of prayer!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!