Thread: AbiLoader vs. Adapt Solutions lift

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AbiLoader vs. Adapt Solutions lift

Looking into getting some kind of lift for my manual Tilite chair to make it easier to load into the car. Looking at either the Adapt solutions Speedy-lift or the AbiLoader. Would like to hear user opinions before I go to a dealer and hear the sales pitch. Decided against a full ramp van or full size van with a lift cause I know there will be garage space issues and I live where there is snow so I don?t want my vehicle sitting out in the elements. plus I?m just not a van person.

http://abiliquip.com/loader

https://www.adaptsolutions.com/product/speedy-lift/

i saw this on YouTube and love this setup. My manual chair is really small so not worried about turning radius space. Has anyone had luck with getting these mobility dealers to make the door open the opposite way on an SUV?

https://youtu.be/IKOs0FC0NqA

Folder or rigid chair? What kind of car?

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Folder or rigid chair? What kind of car?
    Tilite Rigid. I currently have a Ford Focus hatchback that I have been disassembling the chair and lifirig. Across me but it’s getting old fast. I do realize most of these loaders won’t work on that small of car while still having everything enclosed on the interior so no exposed to the elements. So I am looking at getting rid of it and switching to some type of SUV. Thinking the Chevy Traverse might work based off the YouTube link I posted above.

I use a folder, just for that reason. I fold it, pull it across my lap and put it behind the passenger seat or in back seat. I have a piece of leather that goes on my lap to protect against dirt/water. As the movie says: Gone in 60 seconds. Been doing it in a Pinto (I'm old), Geo metro, Geo tracker, Hyuuuundai accent and even a Honda Fit.
    Look on U tube for an old video of a quad getting in a mini van and loading his chair behind him up a little plywood ramp with a manual rope and pulley set up.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    I use a folder, just for that reason. I fold it, pull it across my lap and put it behind the passenger seat or in back seat. I have a piece of leather that goes on my lap to protect against dirt/water. As the movie says: Gone in 60 seconds. Been doing it in a Pinto (I'm old), Geo metro, Geo tracker, Hyuuuundai accent and even a Honda Fit.
    Look on U tube for an old video of a quad getting in a mini van and loading his chair behind him up a little plywood ramp with a manual rope and pulley set up.

I feel so stuck with my options. I’ve demoe’d a Tilite folder and felt it was much harder on my shoulders just didn’t push as nice as the rigid.