Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat Butt, Inject Fat?

Flat Butt, Inject Fat?

I have a flat butt, like skin on bone. Having issues with sores. I'm not that thin, just my butt. Anyone hear of getting fat injections into your butt?
    I've hears of butt implants, but that doesn'tsound like it would work.

Thanks, Grg
    Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

Blog Entries
    Yeah, we all could use some meat there, but (no pun intended) would this increase potential infection?
    I'd love to hear an answer on this.

Here are a couple papers/abstracts on the subject of Lipofilling or fat grafting:

https://www.woundsource.com/blog/fat...ssure-injuries

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26481707

I wonder if anyong here does it.
    Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

It doesn?t work. I had a flap surgery on my ischial last year. Surgeon used the flap with the biggest chunk of fat he could find on the back of my thigh. I had a nice padding for 4-5 months maybe. Now it?s almost completely gone and my upper body is not skinny at all (euphemism ).

Blog Entries

Loss of butt meat

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    It doesn?t work. I had a flap surgery on my ischial last year. Surgeon used the flap with the biggest chunk of fat he could find on the back of my thigh. I had a nice padding for 4-5 months maybe. Now it?s almost completely gone and my upper body is not skinny at all (euphemism ).
    So basically all of the protective fat you had transplanted disintergrated?
    How does this happen from just sitting?

I had a fairly large allograft of fat on my back as part of a (non-wound-related) surgery 4 years ago and it was gone in less than 6 months. The surgeon told me it would be absorbed and indeed it was. When they use people’s own fat (autologous grafts) most of the research has been for cosmetic procedures and reabsorption is unpredictable and it also happens pretty quickly - I think 70% or more within the first 6 months is what I was told (I asked about autologous grafting instead of allografting when I developed a pseudomeningocele). So either way, not so useful.

Blog Entries
    So an artificial implant product would hold up better but I'd fear infection

This is a plastic surgery perspective purely cosmetic surgery approach but same principles.

https://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/body-procedures/brazilian-butt-lift/

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I just had 2 advancement flaps done. One in July 2018 and the other in June 2017. I am 6' 1" and about 180lbs. I was injured in 1977 so my butt is now pretty flat or the tissue there is pretty compressed. When the plastics guy did the surgeries, he shaved down the ischium bone and basically slid or advanced the tissue from the back of my thigh and moved it up to cover the tiny pressure sore on my butt. The sore was extremely shallow (no drainage) and about 1/8" in diameter. When I would lay around in bed to let it heal I would get up and it just would not stay closed. I have always relieved pressure, did not stay up late, never smoked and have excellent nutrition.I have 2 good friends in wheelchairs who never had pressure problems. They do not relieve pressure, eat lousy, about the same build and age, injured about the same amount of time. But they have other problems I do not have (wild BP swings, cardiac issues, scoliosis, recurrent UTI's, syrinx, AD, etc.).

I wish there was a "Kardashian" solution so I could suck fat from my thighs to my ass or somebody else donating fat. I don't think it's here yet.