Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Van lift choices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Van lift choices

So at long (and I do mean looong) last I?m getting a van. It?s a full size ford Transit Med roof cargo. I have been trying to decide on a lift. I really like the new Fiorello but they say it won?t work. Vangater is no more aadly. The slide away or bi fold ...will those rattle? It would be nice for my dog to access getting in. But maybe should do the millennium. Or a more affordable one. Anyone??

There are plenty of used vanagaters out there at dirt cheap prices. Installation does not look complicated, but I have not looked closely at the Transit. I had purchased a used vanagater and a used superarm. For my purpose, the superarm won. I had taken all the vanagater drill measurements from the sellers van and it would have been a simple setup in my new van. Interestingly enough he bought it used too, just to load his husky dog.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Please let me know if you have a resource for a used Braun Vangater! I would like to refurbish one and use it for a new vehicle. I really don?t like any of the new lifts. They are far too big, bulky and less practical for a light-weight manual chair user.
    If you think that you can or if you feel you can't, either way your right.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/pt...849493881.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamblvr View Post
    Please let me know if you have a resource for a used Braun Vangater! I would like to refurbish one and use it for a new vehicle. I really don?t like any of the new lifts. They are far too big, bulky and less practical for a light-weight manual chair user.

Still can't decide which one is best!! Should I go with the lightest weight one that's affordable?

Holy crap!! This is insane, the quote I got! I thought it would be about 4K less with not getting a transfer seat. How is it this much money for a full size van?? I wonder what 2nd row floor leveling is. It's a cargo van. I really don't want them to do the floors, I was going to have vinyl planks put in after insulation and 1/2" subfloor. This seems really high. I wonder if there's a way to cut some of the cost. Ouchhh.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't know why you need their flooring unless it is part of an adaptation thingy for the Transit. I have a plain full size Chevy cargo which was bid for conversion. That company did not add any extra second floor leveling in the bid. They bid around 24k with two 6 way transfer seats but no power door conversion. Instead I got another company to install the seats and my neighbors helped install the used lift. I'm using the factory floor.

Noticed two things on your estimate, labor rate appears to be $125.00/hour. The estimate does not show sales tax. It would be a significant addition here.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

No sales tax on vehicle adaptive equipment. $350.00 for a drilling template tells me a lot. Unless you buy the pieces used, and find someone with talent to install, you don't have much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    No sales tax on vehicle adaptive equipment...
    I don't know about the OP's state. In Washington St, only vets are exempted from sales tax on auto adaptive equipment. That law expires in 2028 for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    No sales tax on vehicle adaptive equipment. $350.00 for a drilling template tells me a lot. Unless you buy the pieces used, and find someone with talent to install, you don't have much choice.
    That they're very expensive? Yeah, the guy I had been friendly with said that, but that they were experienced with full size vans for 30 years. Not sure if that's enough. It's crazy, that's what my down payment was, and what even some cars sell for! I've looked at used lifts, but most look beat up pretty much, rust, and use wear.