Thread: Anyone have a Permobil F3 with an EZ Lock bracket?

Anyone have a Permobil F3 with an EZ Lock bracket?

EZ Lock customer support tells me that on the EZ Lock bracket for the F3, they had to position the docking bolt about 7 to 8 inches behind the center of the front wheels to keep the chair from flipping during crash testing. Some threads here have mentioned that the bolt position might make it more likely to catch on things, like doorway thresholds.

Has anyone with this chair and bracket actually had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by fido View Post
    EZ Lock customer support tells me that on the EZ Lock bracket for the F3, they had to position the docking bolt about 7 to 8 inches behind the center of the front wheels to keep the chair from flipping during crash testing. Some threads here have mentioned that the bolt position might make it more likely to catch on things, like doorway thresholds.

Has anyone with this chair and bracket actually had this problem?
    Dont have it for just that reason it gives you less then an 1 inch of clearance at most.

Permobil is a bit shady in that they dont mention it when your sold one.

They use to have there own system but no longer able to buy one.

Wished I would have seen this sooner. Just got an F3 and had bracket installed. It is about 7" behind center of front wheel. I can see where there could be an issue. He did install a shorter bolt than what comes in kit so I have more clearance. We will see how it goes.

I have a C300 and an easy lock. Recently got an F3. I am able to use both power chairs with a modification to the F3 wherein they extended the anti-tip V shaped projection that sticks out of the front chair. The F3 does have a bit less ground clearance than the C300. Not a problem on pavement but I do get concerned when rolling over grass and in my yard where there are some hard roots that I can roll over but which can snag on the bolt.

If I was doing it from the start and didn't have a lockdown system I would go with the Qstraint system. I believe it offers better clearance with the lockdown bolt. At least that's what I have heard from both consumers and staff at the company.