Thread: varalite zoid or stimulite sport

varalite zoid or stimulite sport

its cycling season again witch of the 2 do yall like ive been using the zoid for 8 or 9 years on bike but wondering if the sport would breathe better im on it a few hours at a time daily and it gets hot here in summer the sport doesnt seem very thick ive had one for a while just havent used it my butt is really boney
    Last edited by wheelin 48; 03-31-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I got the stimulite and ended up in bed for weeks. I, too, have a boney butt. In addition I could feel those littlediamonds under the cover pinching me. Didn't work for me.

Regarding "... wondering if the sport would breathe better ..."
    Yes, the Sport breathes better. However, if you choose the honeycomb type of cushion, you may prefer either the "Smart" or "Classic" (with XS) model given your stated physique. The Smart model is the same thickness as the Sport, but the Smart model has a slightly softer top layer. The Smart model is essentially a Sport with the XS option. The Classic model is approximately three quarters of an inch thicker than both the Sport and Smart models - the extra thickness would be helpful given your stated physique.

I use the two inch blue/green firm memory foam. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Regarding "... wondering if the sport would breathe better ..."
    Yes, the Sport breathes better. However, if you choose the honeycomb type of cushion, you may prefer either the "Smart" or "Classic" (with XS) model given your stated physique. The Smart model is the same thickness as the Sport, but the Smart model has a slightly softer top layer. The Smart model is essentially a Sport with the XS option. The Classic model is approximately three quarters of an inch thicker than both the Sport and Smart models - the extra thickness would be helpful given your stated physique.
    For sure, fresh out of the box the Sport model will definitely be firmer than the Smart of Classic (with XS top top layer) BUT after a few weeks of use it will soften up -- perhaps even become as soft as the other versions when new, which after a few weeks of use may become too soft.

Discuss.

the sport doesnt feel as soft as the zoid like when i squeeze it or push down on it i weigh around 165 lbs if that helps any
    Last edited by wheelin 48; 04-04-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I never perceived mine becoming any softer. I used it steadily for about 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    I never perceived mine becoming any softer. I used it steadily for about 6 months.
    The Stimulites compress -- conform to your butt -- over time, and not usually a lot of time, so something's softening. Perceiving it is another matter altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    the sport doesnt feel as soft as the zoid like when i squeeze it or push down on it i weigh around 165 lbs if that helps any
    I owned a Zoid many years ago. While I never had any pressure issues with it, I recall feeling (or fearing, anyway) that I was bottoming out in it. Not a bad cushion, though. Regardless, I switched to the Stimulite Sport after that and have never looked back.