Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Are there scales that can be attached to a overhead lift?

  1. #1

    Are there scales that can be attached to a overhead lift?

    I have a Sure Hands lift. I want to know how much I weigh so I was wondering if there is a scale I can attach to my lift?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    I have a Sure Hands lift. I want to know how much I weigh so I was wondering if there is a scale I can attach to my lift?
    Yes there are. Many lift manufacturers have a scales that can be purchased separately. Look up your lift manufacturer on line. You probably will find scales at the website. If not give them a call or send an email to inquire.

    Here is a Care Cure Community discussion:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...t=scales+lifts

  3. #3

  4. #4
    The scales that you get from the lift manufacturers are extremely expensive (well over $500). Several of our members have modified an industrial or shop scale they purchased at from someplace like Harbor Freight for a significantly lower price. Hope they will chime in here.

    Here is a previous discussion about this. You can find more using the search option (I searched for "lift scale"):
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ght=lift+scale

    Here is one that some people have used:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YAX4MHVP&psc=1

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  5. #5
    yah the mfr scales are ridiculous and dont work any better. i use the unit kld linked, its spot on.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The scales that you get from the lift manufacturers are extremely expensive (well over $500). Several of our members have modified an industrial or shop scale they purchased at from someplace like Harbor Freight for a significantly lower price. Hope they will chime in here.

    Here is a previous discussion about this. You can find more using the search option (I searched for "lift scale"):
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ght=lift+scale

    Here is one that some people have used:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YAX4MHVP&psc=1

    (KLD)
    I saw the one you listed but the hook doesn't look like it'll stand up to the strain without bending. Assuming that the person to be weighed will be wrapped in a Hoyer type harness, whatever scale you use you're probably going to need some type of spreader bar. https://www.medicalproductsdirect.co...utm_medium=ppc

    I would have one fabricated for a fraction of that price buy a independent shop.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    I saw the one you listed but the hook doesn't look like it'll stand up to the strain without bending. Assuming that the person to be weighed will be wrapped in a Hoyer type harness, whatever scale you use you're probably going to need some type of spreader bar. https://www.medicalproductsdirect.co...utm_medium=ppc

    I would have one fabricated for a fraction of that price buy a independent shop.
    no spreader needed. just remove spreader bar and attach directly. i dont use the supplied hooks with the scale, i bought 2 of these below.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    Here is my setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #9
    I have a sure hands lift and one of the inexpensive digital hanging scales mentioned previously. I don't use the spreader bar when weighing myself and it is uncomfortable, but it is only for 30 seconds or so. I am sure only to lift up until I am clear of my workout table only a few inches. There is no need to get wasted any higher.

Similar Threads

  1. DIY Overhead Patient Lift
    By Scott C4/5 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2017, 12:35 PM
  2. Pain Scales
    By bdvaneven in forum Pain
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 01:39 PM
  3. Overhead Lift
    By bulletc5 in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 11:04 PM
  4. Overhead Lift
    By bulletc5 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 06:00 PM
  5. Update on my foot - and an overhead lift!
    By zillazangel in forum Caregiving
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •