Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First timer using marijuana

I think CBD is "snake oil". Can anyone produce actual scientific evidence that it does what people claim? I think the CBD hype has to do with Hemp not being regulated like Cannabis and therefore easier to mass produce.

I wouldn't call edibles dangerous. I'd call them unpredictable. That's why my preference is to make my own oil/butter. It's easy and you'll know the strength. Over time you will gain experience as to how much you need to eat. That way, there won't be any guesswork.

Some people say cook with the cheapest stuff, the parts of the plant you don't want to smoke and would otherwise throw away. But that results in nasty butter. I like cooking the buds or even better concentrates (wax). Because it feels better/cleaner, and tastes better. It may actually stretch your dollar because you don't need to eat much.

Blog Entries
    "All's" I can say is that today's weed ain't the stuff we tried in the high school parking lot as kids.
    After a brief flirtation with weed as a teenager, mostly just because of what it represented in the hierarchy of adolescent coolness I was never a long term patron of the stuff. Theses days I find myself literally repulsed by just the intense oder emenating from the unused residue within my caregiver's tightly screwed grinder gadget....from inside his backpack...from inside his room....from down the hallway. I mean i have a strict policy of not lighting up that shit inside my home, in fact smoke of any kind, which he clearly adheres to....yet just like any clever kid (I consider anyone under 35 a "kid") he demonstrates that vaporing is not smoking. Regardless, the stuff stinks potent. So, I say no "vaporing" inside. Still, I think he manages to take puffs and blow it out an open window. After all it takes just seconds to grab it out of his pack, utilizing the energy from a mere AA battery to heat the small, gram-sized portion, which somehow atomizes it instead of telltale match strike smell of burning sulfur to ignite the cigarette paper, with all its accessory combustion smell, makes it difficult to pinpoint exactly where he actually did the deed. Except, the stink that surrounds him remains unmistakeable, and his cerebral sharpness becomes undeniably blunted. I get it, caregiving....not exactly demands the deepest thought challenges, and can surely be downright repetitively boring at times...but if you truly require greater gray matter stimulation then by all means rise to the higher level with more skill set. Otherwise you'll eventually do more bad than good for both of us.....
    I apologize for digressing off topic.
    And, as if the scourge of alcohol impact to the human race was not enough we got governors like NJ's Murphy rushing to legalize weed as if it was so culturally ingrained in our society that to keep it illegal would be tantamount to the Vorhees Act. For an exceptional paradox it's worth watching the PBS documentary. "Prohibition". Ken Burns did excellent job that can conceptually apply to marijuana, except...do we really need it? Notwithstanding, I'm not referring to marijuana's true medicinal benefits in controlling seizures, pain, MS etc.
    Here I find myself off track again. My apologies.
    Permit me to shut up here .

Well I tried vaping today and after 4 1/2 hits and about 30 minutes later, I was high... for about 3 hours. My cartridge is good for about 200 hits, so that's about 45 highs at about 78 cents each. I'm not going to become a pot head but I will enjoy the occasional mini vacay from my doldrum of a life.

Anyhow, thanks for the advice and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by smity50 View Post
    I think CBD is "snake oil". Can anyone produce actual scientific evidence that it does what people claim? I think the CBD hype has to do with Hemp not being regulated like Cannabis and therefore easier to mass produce.
    I think it is when used alone - as in hemp-derived CBD. There are peer-reviewed papers documenting the effects of CBD derived from the female plant. They're posted on CC if you search.

Anecdotally, I can tell you I get noticeably better pain relief from a 1:1 mixture of THC and CBD than I do from THC or CBD alone. If I use hemp-derived CBD on its own it does nothing for me that I can tell, but that matches the peer-reviewed literature.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I think it is when used alone - as in hemp-derived CBD. There are peer-reviewed papers documenting the effects of CBD derived from the female plant. They're posted on CC if you search.

Anecdotally, I can tell you I get noticeably better pain relief from a 1:1 mixture of THC and CBD than I do from THC or CBD alone. If I use hemp-derived CBD on its own it does nothing for me that I can tell, but that matches the peer-reviewed literature.
    Yeah Mize exactly when used alone. CBD is "alone" in every product infused with it. So all these rubs and tinctures on the market are questionable. In all the studies I have read on the efficacy of cbd they are very careful and use the words "potential "and "might" a lot.

Yeah Mize exactly when used alone. CBD is "alone" in every product infused with it. So all these rubs and tinctures on the market are questionable. In all the studies I have read on the efficacy of cbd they are very careful and use the words "potential "and "might" a lot.
    I would wager pure CBD does things just based on the science of canabidiol bonding to opiate sites, etc., but the science shows that it has a bell response - starts to work a little then with increasing dose the effects go down, not up. Full-spectrum CBD from the female plant (marijuana), however, does not show the bell response even when THC is removed to near zero. This indicates that other compounds play a role in CBD efficacy. More scientific research is needed.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

CBD certainly isn't snake oil. It can stop deadly seizures in moments. The list of conditions people are using CBD for is vast. I'll be using it very soon myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    CBD certainly isn't snake oil. It can stop deadly seizures in moments. The list of conditions people are using CBD for is vast. I'll be using it very soon myself.
    Any proof that it's the cbd stopping the seizures?

Any proof that it's the cbd stopping the seizures?
    Yeah, the CBD that they take orally that quickly ends the seizures.