Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: were to carry cell phone on hand cycle and chair

were to carry cell phone on hand cycle and chair

were do yall carry your phone ive got a under chair bag for my chair but afraid of scratching the phone in my handcycle bike im just now in the works of getting my first smart phone so definitly dont want to damage it
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Got 'Smart phone' a few years back and quickly dumped it for my old flip phone. I drop phone way to often to deal with broken screens.
    Besides Senior plan with Cricket $25 total month including unlimited nation why calls and holds a charge like week or so compared to few days on smart phone.
    Have velcro phone holder fits on my waistband or one of zipper pouches on armrest.

Blog Entries

I carry a thin, compressible, fanny pack around my waist, centered on the front of my body/lap, with my every day carry items in it when hand cycling. It's a Mointainsmith Vibe II, specifically. I like how narrow it is and how far it compresses when cinched down, and how much it carries. Sometimes I'll clip it around the seat, with the pack on the rear of the seat back, if it's too hot, and getting soaked with sweat.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Google "steering wheel phone holder" for these hanging, spring clamp holders. I have used them. They are inexpensive and they work well. Make sure you get one wide enough for your phone.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Blog Entries
    I have a cover and attached a lanyard to it which hangs around my neck - works great

When I'm in my chair, 95% of the time my phone is in my lap. Since my legs don't move it never falls off. Invest in a good case and you'll be fine.

thanks yall one of my main concerns is dropping it i drop a lot of stuff
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

There are a few ideas at this website using straps and lanyards:http://atmac.org/lanyard-strap-iphone-ipod-touch

Here's what I've been doing for years. I just take a cheap TPU case that is fit for the phone, drill or hot nail poke 4 holes i the case for the 2 small zip ties, knot each end of a piece of rope, and voila. Can hook it on the chair, put a hook on the car dash, and you find all sorts of other places you can easily hook it. Best of all, it makes hand-offs of the phone WAY easier with others, especially those that don't realize you have quad hands. I'll see if I can upload my video too.

Name:  IMG-d78e4f5c16d4b91005bda1e256768bf8-V.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  IMG-e93de6a1b15c42684c9481cea20913a8-V.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  91.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    Here's what I've been doing for years. I just take a cheap TPU case that is fit for the phone, drill or hot nail poke 4 holes i the case for the 2 small zip ties, knot each end of a piece of rope, and voila. Can hook it on the chair, put a hook on the car dash, and you find all sorts of other places you can easily hook it. Best of all, it makes hand-offs of the phone WAY easier with others, especially those that don't realize you have quad hands. I'll see if I can upload my video too.
    Video here: