Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 years.

Blog Entries
    PS; Why was the article redacted?

My husband and I enjoy reading your posts. Compared to us, you seem fearless.

Congrats! A fulfilling life, indeed!

Happy quadiversary Titanium!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    PS; Why was the article redacted?
    I just removed my full name.

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    My husband and I enjoy reading your posts. Compared to us, you seem fearless.
    Thank you. I didn't expect this type of response. When I was in hospital, I promised myself, "If I survive. I am deserving of life." I did just that.

I hope my message did not come across as I glorified living with a spinal cord injury. Its not, I have to say life is hard but my mom came in my room when I was in hospital and told the story of Jesus. Jesus carrying his cross to Calvary. We all have crosses we carry, everybody. So no matter how hard the day goes you can get through it.

After time, years, I learned even though life is hard you can be successful at what you put your mind to do. The quality of life is good! Life is good! Perfect example is Stephen Hawking living with ALS. His doctor told him he had two years to live. He lived 50 mores and passed away at 76.

One thing I also realized after time. There are many children who use 'chairs and mothers give birth to a child that has a disability that requires them to use a 'chair too. These children need role models to look up to today and in the future. They cannot relate to sport figures so they look at other people with disabilities as their role model. We need more role models in 'chairs for our younger generation in 'chairs.

Ti

"We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Congratulations! Good career choice. In hindsight I should have taken a similar route rather than having to travel. I thought it was a good choice in order to keep me active. But the stresses of having to travel at the worst possible times outweighed the benefits. I wish you the best and a comfortable retirement from NASA.

Keep on making memories and God bless your mom!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

that is aweson congrats my neighbor retire from nasa . so true on life I too choose life

I'm almost at 33 years post injury C6/7, 2 months shy actually. I whole heartedly agree, life is what you make of it.