Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you cope with Sci?

I started another Holy War!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Did you recover sensation in a certain organ at your S2 level?
    I knew it!

I knew it!

I knew it!

I did not want to prophesize or used the word God and religion and I started another Holy War! I just added a corkscrew to this thread. It's those far left Democrats and the rest of the Democratic party. They want to take God out of everything. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi supports those Democrats to remove God from The Oath. The very last sentence of The Oath where it says, "So help me God."

I should have used TinkerBell but that will show my age.

Ah! Harry Potter and his magic wand and wizardry! Harry Potter is safe with those far left Democrats and the rest Democratic Party. Speaker of the House Nancy Polise approves Harry Potter. Trump has not Tweeted yet.

Now Tim C. if Harry Potter and his magic wand came over to your place a touched your magic wand and at that instant a small mushroom cloud appeared with and explosion and sparks streaking all over the place. Harry Potter now tells your magic wand is better than new! Would you be happy now?

All we need now is Andy and his cohorts from the Politics forum to join this thread and it will be locked for sure!

Did you recover sensation in a certain organ at your S2 level?
    Funklab you got the last laugh at me on my expense. That is what happens when you go back to college and university for 12 years post injury and you need 8 history classes as part of your degree. You begin to learn to read faster and sometimes you miss the point! (No pun intended!) That one went right over my head but I caught latter.

Funklab you wrote a nice piece, well said.

Now do we need Robert Muller to do another report on this thread?

If you believe in a God that is fine with me. If you don't believe in God that is fine with me. Just enjoy the rest of your life you have on Earth.

When will this madness stop! Get back on track with, "How do you cope with your spinal cord injury?"

Peace.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I have a hard time buying into the afterlife thing. It conjures up pictures of God collecting and playing with souls like a child with a Barby doll collection. On the other hand, belief in a final judgement day during which the bastards of the world get their due helps to keep me sane.

Should we move this (or part of this) to the Religion forum? It seems to have gotten side-tracked into a discussion of religion and religious beliefs.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    Part, maybe, but, since religion is an important coping mechanism for lots of people, hard to call it totally off topic. The pointless rant about Democrats being godless and evil...that's another thing entirely, IMo.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Agree!(about democrats rant)
    Otherwise, all of this is greatly pertinent to how do you deal with a spinal injury
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Agree!(about democrats rant)
    Otherwise, all of this is greatly pertinent to how do you deal with a spinal injury
    I agree!

Blog Entries
    Scottc4/5
    Some story , near incredible you're doing a~ 5 year bed stint?
    No way

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55+yrs View Post
    I have a hard time buying into the afterlife thing. It conjures up pictures of God collecting and playing with souls like a child with a Barby doll collection. On the other hand, belief in a final judgement day during which the bastards of the world get their due helps to keep me sane.
    Interesting concept, that judgement thing, definitely doesn't work as a deterrent for the "bastards" though

Scottc4/5
    Some story , near incredible you're doing a~ 5 year bed stint?
    No way
    The skin on my butt is so thin that it tears from a large fart. Plus the fact that my stepdad's health has been too poor to assist with getting in my chair. He recently had open heart surgery and if his health improves and my ass heals, I might be able to get up again. And so it goes...

I dont think it should be moved, for some religion is how they have coped. I am thankful and grateful to only be a para , happened at age 54. I think being older the fears are greater. We use to goto Mexico and dive every year. Now I am afraid to go on a plane, in part due to worry about damage to my chair and then depending on help from others to get into the pool or to go out in a boat and all the help I would need. I have never liked being the center of attention. As for religion I have given up on it.. things in my life have only gotten harder and not seeing my purpose in life. I know I have it a lot better than many on here. But this is the worst thing that has happened in my life. I have chronic pain in my neck and shoulder and am bipolar. Still force my self up each day. I have never let my mind or body be an excuse for not getting up. I get up each day believing today will be a good day and hopefully better than yesterday. Sci sucks But it is better than the alternative