Thread: Best places to Live post SCI ?

Question Best places to Live post SCI ?

I remember there used to be a yearly report that evaluated various factors and suggested/graded locations. Has anyone seen the report for this coming year? Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

my life has change for the better in the panhandle of florida weather engery cost no property taxes great community able to get out ride my bike thank you john houses not that expensive love it

I am not all the way through this list of links but I am noticing that different list rank some places differently and on some the difference is drastic.

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    I am not all the way through this list of links but I am noticing that different list rank some places differently and on some the difference is drastic.
    Yes it is startling how much variation there is. Some of these "Best Places Rated" sites have different criteria and/or different weight they put on the criteria. There are great differences if you are talking about places to retire, places best for a person with a disability, or places to live assuming raising a family, working, etc.

MacMillan Travel Books publishes almanacs yearly. I don't know if 2019 editions have been published. There are at least two titles in the series, "Best Places Rated," and Retirement Places Rated." These books are available on Amazon, and are quite a bit more comprehensive than the annual lists published by many magazines and organizations.

Thank you. There's some great information to review. State PCA services are incredibly important and as I begin my search – one of the main focuses is the policy differences between Massachusetts and Florida.

Disabilities vary greatly and from what I'm reading there seems to be a shortage of home care in Florida for example and a court case that could be pivotal to many individuals.
    http://cdrnys.org/blog/advocacy/is-f...dicaid-policy/

(forgive grammar and sentence structure – I will be back to edit for clarity)

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    All these lists are like that. Best place for career, best place to retire, etc. Southern California is the best place I know for living with a SCI. Housing is expensive along the coast. But it gets more and more affordable the more inland you go.

Blog Entries
    There is no best place to live unless do you mean a research scientist clinical test room