Quote Originally Posted by rockbybay View Post
An update on the whole fiasco:

After my last post (and dozens of phone calls with numotion and scootaround), I was so tired of all of this that I let them take my chair and put the new frame and forks on. All looked good until I got home. After rolling from the parking lot to the car and then from the car into my house the forks were at extreme angles. They were both toed out and tilted back. I wish I could figure out how to put photos on here because it's like nothing I've ever seen before. Coincidentally my scootaround agent called me as I was checking everything and I said that this was unacceptable and I need my claim to be moved over to my regular DME. My DME saw me the next week and was appalled (but not surprised) that numotion didn't just order a whole new chair. After getting approval from Delta my DME ordered me my new chair which arrived last week. I'm on vacation so I can't pick it up for a few more weeks but I just got at call from my DME saying that scootaround/delta may want the frame and the forks from numotion's mess up. Numotion already threw away the bent frame and forks without asking me. The main silver lining I found in this situation was that I would now have an everyday chair (the new chair that just arrived) and a travel chair (the numotion frame and my own parts) that can be used with a freewheel. Now that safety may be taken away and I don't know what to do.

You really do not need to post pictures because I have to be comfortable with the repair.

Airlines really dont push back if the DME says a new chair is needed.

But more important I would always go though your DME vs the airlines.

Make sure you follow up with NuMotion CEO Mike Swinford and give him feed back on the NuMotion you used so it helps others not have the same issues!

Mike.Swinford@numotion.com

But dont think that you need a special chair for home and one for travel.

The repair had it gone to a good dme should have taken a few days tops and you should have had a rental while your new chair was being ordered.