Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do when chair is broken post flight?

Quote Originally Posted by rockbybay View Post
    An update on the whole fiasco:

After my last post (and dozens of phone calls with numotion and scootaround), I was so tired of all of this that I let them take my chair and put the new frame and forks on. All looked good until I got home. After rolling from the parking lot to the car and then from the car into my house the forks were at extreme angles. They were both toed out and tilted back. I wish I could figure out how to put photos on here because it's like nothing I've ever seen before. Coincidentally my scootaround agent called me as I was checking everything and I said that this was unacceptable and I need my claim to be moved over to my regular DME. My DME saw me the next week and was appalled (but not surprised) that numotion didn't just order a whole new chair. After getting approval from Delta my DME ordered me my new chair which arrived last week. I'm on vacation so I can't pick it up for a few more weeks but I just got at call from my DME saying that scootaround/delta may want the frame and the forks from numotion's mess up. Numotion already threw away the bent frame and forks without asking me. The main silver lining I found in this situation was that I would now have an everyday chair (the new chair that just arrived) and a travel chair (the numotion frame and my own parts) that can be used with a freewheel. Now that safety may be taken away and I don't know what to do.

You really do not need to post pictures because I have to be comfortable with the repair.

Airlines really dont push back if the DME says a new chair is needed.

But more important I would always go though your DME vs the airlines.

Make sure you follow up with NuMotion CEO Mike Swinford and give him feed back on the NuMotion you used so it helps others not have the same issues!

Mike.Swinford@numotion.com

But dont think that you need a special chair for home and one for travel.

The repair had it gone to a good dme should have taken a few days tops and you should have had a rental while your new chair was being ordered.

Name:  IMG_3016-1.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  184.4 KBName:  IMG_3017-1.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  195.8 KBFigured out how to do it, thank you SCI Nurse. Roll Positive, thank you for your words of wisdom. I think at this point I'm just beaten down and overwhelmed from this whole process. I can't wait to sit in my chair and be able to breathe again. I miss my freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by rockbybay View Post
    Name:  IMG_3016-1.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  184.4 KBName:  IMG_3017-1.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  195.8 KBFigured out how to do it, thank you SCI Nurse. Roll Positive, thank you for your words of wisdom. I think at this point I'm just beaten down and overwhelmed from this whole process. I can't wait to sit in my chair and be able to breathe again. I miss my freedom.

Totally get it to be in another chair or power chair is uncomfortable!

If you need any help message me I am more then willing to help advocate.

Like I said in the future same day repairs are standard. Hoping this experience doesn't discourage you from traveling!

Isn't that a simple adjustment on the ZRa?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

It is but it shows that they were installed incorrectly (not tightened enough). If the force was enough to bend the titanium frame then who knows what it did to the rest of the parts of the chair. Numotion refused to replace anything other than the frame and forks. The frame was also the wrong size, an inch too long and cut into my knees. I was done trying to work with them and their incompetent technicians.

Name:  IMG_3366-1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  246.2 KB
    Picked it up today. I'm super happy with it. We made a few adjustments from my old chair (a touch more dump and lower back). It feels so good to be sitting in it, I feel like I can breathe again. The twion camber tube will be coming in a few weeks but other than that I'm all set! Thank you all for your continued support and advice. I don't know what I'd do without this forum. Now I'm all ready for my next flight this December!