Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Opinion: Ethical Challenges in Using iPS Cells to Treat Paralysis

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Opinion: Ethical Challenges in Using iPS Cells to Treat Paralysis

    John D. Loike, a professor of biology at Touro College and University Systems, writes a regular column on bioethics for The Scientist. Martin Grumet is a professor of Cell Biology & Neuroscience, associate director of WM Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience, and director of the Stem Cell Research Center at Rutgers.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Southern California, C5-7
    Thanks for posting.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tim C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    New Jersey
    Blog Entries
    When in the relatively short history of medical research for cures and alike was there never serious risk for the desperately afflicted?
    Just look at what transpired with horrors like polio vaccination development.
    Tread cautiously, yeah to an extent there's a 90% likelihood of fatal failure, but for the desperate like me....rephrase it as a 10% chance of success and I'd rather die on the surgery table trying to recover .

Similar Threads

  1. Can yoga treat paralysis?
    By monica24 in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 12:55 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 09:39 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 07:52 AM
  4. Plastic tube may help treat paralysis
    By wizard5 in forum Cure
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2001, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts