Thread: Non-AD sweating below injury

Non-AD sweating below injury

I am a 35-year-old C4/5 quad, and I have been injured for 16 years. As time goes on, I get more inconvenient heat-related sweating between the butt cheeks and between the legs. This seems to be due to heat, with a higher frequency on a warm, humid days. I am very familiar with sweating from AD, which normally expresses for me through sweating on my forehead, neck, chest, and arms.

Is this increased sweating just because I'm getting older? I had always been told that you don't sweat below your injury. LIES. Or should I be expecting a miraculous recovery of leg function in the near future?

I have used gold bond between the legs for several years now, but it still doesn't always help avoid fungus and general redness. What else do people do to avoid moisture issues?

Quote Originally Posted by EyesOfTexas View Post
    I am a 35-year-old C4/5 quad, and I have been injured for 16 years. As time goes on, I get more inconvenient heat-related sweating between the butt cheeks and between the legs. This seems to be due to heat, with a higher frequency on a warm, humid days. I am very familiar with sweating from AD, which normally expresses for me through sweating on my forehead, neck, chest, and arms.

Is this increased sweating just because I'm getting older? I had always been told that you don't sweat below your injury. LIES. Or should I be expecting a miraculous recovery of leg function in the near future?

I have used gold bond between the legs for several years now, but it still doesn't always help avoid fungus and general redness. What else do people do to avoid moisture issues?
    There are types of underwear that are more breathable than others.

The type of cushion and cover you use on your wheelchair is another factor to check into.

After a day in the chair, getting into the "frog" position in bed helps air and dry things out, avoiding fungal infections, and healing those annoying splits in the area.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When I was in the hospital after my injury I was sweating so bad I had to wear a diaper but still had to change clothes at lunch time. My doctor had read some study that was done using gabapebtin and it worked really well. Used it for about a year and the was able to stop.