Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about this guy's mode of long distance travel

Blog Entries

How about this guy's mode of long distance travel

Not good at posting these, but cut & paste;

https://nypost.com/video/wheelchair-...ck-of-a-truck/
    Last edited by Tim C.; 03-12-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo

OMG! I've seen skateboarders doing this, but never anyone in a chair. So dangerous! Just imagine hitting a pot hole...much less getting side swiped!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I do that inside airports.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    OMG! I've seen skateboarders doing this, but never anyone in a chair. So dangerous! Just imagine hitting a pot hole...much less getting side swiped!

(KLD)
    He learned it skateboarding.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
    Dangerous, you've got that right. But, likely if this selfish idiot did hit a pot hole or get side swiped he wouldn't get a scratch, but innocent drivers would be involved in accidents while trying to avoid him that could kill or maim them or others. Even if he were killed, imagine the horror a driver would have to live with for hitting him, even though it was no real fault of their own. This is so not cool!

Ever see the movie, The World According to Garp? We can't be pre-disastered.
    Last edited by gjnl; 03-12-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Ever see the movie, The World According to Garp? We can't be pre-disastered.
    One of my all-time favorite movies (and books). I am a big John Irving fan.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

still laughing...

Gee i wonder how he ended up in a chair?

that chair is a 3 wheeler.... towards the end of the video shows the 3rd wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    that chair is a 3 wheeler.... towards the end of the video shows the 3rd wheel
    My be he wants to be taken out. And just doesn't care. I knew someone just like that.