Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Security may Watch Facebook and Twitter

The SSA has investigators who look into questionable disability claims, as does the VA. The fraudulent claimants hurt those with legitimate claims.

I have a friend who was a PI and did disability claim fraud investigations for private insurance companies. One time she had a suspected fraud who claimed he could not engage in any physical activity due to low back pain, yet she was able to photograph him hang gliding in Mexico. I had a veteran who claimed a 100% service-connected disability of a herniated disk which appeared to give him complete paraplegia, yet the VA inspector general's office investigator took pictures of him walking around in his back yard unimpeded, and even taking a piss on a tree in his yard (he was actually doing intermittent cath in the hospital!!!). Another time I had a veteran patient who appeared to be a complete paraplegic after a injury in a fight in prison. The prison system gave him a humanitarian parole, and he came to our unit for "rehab". That only lasted until his roommate spotted him walking to the bathroom one night.

I am sure this is not the first time that investigators have checked out someone's Facebook page or Instagram posts for evidence that would make fraud seem probable. For those with legitimate disability claims, this should not be at all alarming; but it should be for those committing fraud.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I would love more info as this guy is on comlete I have lots of info how do u go about any help appreciated