Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sore and ache

That IcyHot machine looks very interesting. I have a microcurrent device that is registered as a TENS unit (even though it's not, strictly speaking), but it's incredibly cumbersome and difficult to use. So the IcyHot is definitely something I'll look into. I'm glad NL gets relief from her pain with TENS therapy.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

I use a Sunbeam pad that contoured to cover the shoulders and back of the neck. A magnetic clasp in front holds it in place. I'm a C6/7 so I use it on low setting only. I always wear a heavy hoodie with the hood up to keep it from getting too warm. It's worked well for me. About $60
    4xquad

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bishop View Post
    I use a Sunbeam pad that contoured to cover the shoulders and back of the neck. A magnetic clasp in front holds it in place. I'm a C6/7 so I use it on low setting only. I always wear a heavy hoodie with the hood up to keep it from getting too warm. It's worked well for me. About $60
    That's the one I have. Works great.

well I took 2 Tylenols not near as bad today maybe its just getting old

[QUOTE=Bonnette;1875278]Yes, indeed, a slight squirm can change everything.

For a brief second I thought you 2 were going to discuss something interesting...

Joint pain is one thing I have often gotten successful treatment for from acupuncturists, particularly shoulder pain. It has varied from a bit of temporary relief to a complete fix in 2 treatments. It's worth a try for those who can get on the treatment table.
    Last edited by Tetracyclone; 03-11-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added a detail

I have a couple of heating pads with thermostats in the controls - I think they’re made by chatanooga, which is a subset of don joy, which also owns a couple of companies producing braces and ultrasound and e-stim/NMES/TENS devices for facilities and home use. Anyway, we’ve tested them and they continue to stay within a degree of the listed temperature after >2 years of use. I find TENS/NMES to be more useful than heat, even for cramping and joint pain.

[QUOTE=Tetracyclone;1875325]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Yes, indeed, a slight squirm can change everything.

For a brief second I thought you 2 were going to discuss something interesting...
    LOL! shows you how old I am...nothing *interesting* even entered my mind!

Acupuncture's a great suggestion. If the table isn't a possibility, maybe it could be done seated (provided the needles don't have to be placed lower than the top of the chair back). The visible ear in Traditional Chinese Medicine is considered a holographic representation of the entire body, with every meridian and acupuncture point included; the acupuncturist can place regular-size needles in the outer ear during a treatment session, and then send the patient home with tiny adhesive-backed pins placed in the surface of the ear for continuous treatment. I had acupuncture eons ago for complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) and wore three pins in my ear for several weeks. They did seem to help, but CRPS is tough to treat and prolonged therapy would have been too expensive. Acupuncture would sure be worth a try for musculoskeletal-type pain, though.

My strongest advice, having gone through extremely painful left shoulder, is to get in touch with a home centered Physical Therapy program covered by Medicare. Just contact a reputable company providing PT and indicate you want an evaluation at home. Keep calling some until you get someone.

This condition you have, I feel, cannot be resolved by icing and heat, in terms of future needs.

I am now about 14 months post PT program. It started around December, 2017 and ended around March 2018. I have continued the exercises daily on my own for 30 to 40 minutes, and added a few from on-line sources for wheelchair shoulder exercises. I use a combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen (OTC) and a prescription gel (Diclofenac). My pain is now about level 1 or 0.
    The PT made it clear how important it was to improve development of muscles surrounding the shoulder joint SLOWLY and gently, in addition to continuing exercise.
    My motivation for exercising daily is FEAR of the pain returning. It works for me.
    Last edited by triumph; 03-14-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: wrong date - started PT 12/2017

Vickey, i use lidoderm patches at night. helps immensely. ins covers them, better than anything otc
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

thanks all but whatever it was and it hurt is dang near gone but I like that home centered pt I kep that in mine john I look at those patches as I get body sore for to me no reason

every so often

dam get old sucks