Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: florida living......

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    you found 1?
    pretty much all new ranches down where we are looking are like this.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I moved to Florida 5 years ago and lived in SW Florida (south of Sarasota). The weather is great in the winter but I wouldn't recommend the area for several reasons. I did find the the cost of living good and quite a few things to do but it took forever to drive for many things. If you don't mind congestion go for it but we found it a pain to just go shopping. Traffic was awful and area is growing fast so only to get worse. We ended up evacuating for hurricane IRMA. It was a nightmare taking 18 hours to get out of the state. I would never evacuate again given the opportunity. Buckle up and batten down the hatches is safer. We moved out of Florida for family reasons but we likely will go back eventually but it would be in the northern or panhandle instead of South Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by miltongm09 View Post
    I moved to Florida 5 years ago and lived in SW Florida (south of Sarasota). The weather is great in the winter but I wouldn't recommend the area for several reasons. I did find the the cost of living good and quite a few things to do but it took forever to drive for many things. If you don't mind congestion go for it but we found it a pain to just go shopping. Traffic was awful and area is growing fast so only to get worse. We ended up evacuating for hurricane IRMA. It was a nightmare taking 18 hours to get out of the state. I would never evacuate again given the opportunity. Buckle up and batten down the hatches is safer. We moved out of Florida for family reasons but we likely will go back eventually but it would be in the northern or panhandle instead of South Florida.
    I live in the panhandle I love it I evacuated for Irma and micheal but I live on coast we get surge I am 20' in air but..... its great here cost of living personalley I find grocery high compared to Georgia but offset by no property taxes. I love the public transpotation 10.00 to tallay drop u of at ur appt then pick up up take u home for me as a quad I drive but all the dr and hospitals in tally notquad driving friendly . they have a high school 30 minutes from me that is where I go to evacuate. dr nurses bring your dogs they have a place for them its nice for a shelter

Moved to the east coast of Florida, just south of Cape Canaveral in 1975 and had never evacuated for hurricane. Mostly because I was young and the power would always go out. Beachside and you would get all the free beer from the bars.

I now live on the mainland (across the Lagoon), have a whole house generator and I don't go anywhere. All my friends show up here for the air conditioning and to take a hot shower.