Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: florida living......

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Coastal real estate is expensive. But real estate inland can be very affordable.
    Inland real estate? Care to share where you are talking about? I live in Contra Costa County in the inner east bay of the San Francisco bay area. For someone coming to my county from Ohio, it is not "very affordable."

According to HomeSnacks.com (https://www.homesnacks.net/most-affo...fornia-126800/) these are the ten most affordable cities/towns in California. I can tell you these are not garden spots or desirable places to live.

1. Taft
    2. Ridgecrest
    3. Holtville
    4. Coalinga
    5. Imperial
    6. Firebaugh
    7. Willows
    8. Blythe
    9. Kingsburg
    10. Hanford

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Inland real estate? Care to share where you are talking about? I live in Contra Costa County in the inner east bay of the San Francisco bay area. For someone coming to my county from Ohio, it is not "very affordable."

According to HomeSnacks.com (https://www.homesnacks.net/most-affo...fornia-126800/) these are the ten most affordable cities/towns in California. I can tell you these are not garden spots or desirable places to live.

1. Taft
    2. Ridgecrest
    3. Holtville
    4. Coalinga
    5. Imperial
    6. Firebaugh
    7. Willows
    8. Blythe
    9. Kingsburg
    10. Hanford
    Some of the more affordable and still desirable places to live in southern California include include Temecula, Corona, Santa Clarita, and Chatsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Some of the more affordable and still desirable places to live in southern California include include Temecula, Corona, Santa Clarita, and Chatsworth.
    Chatsworth looks good from a location perspective and I like that the street pattern indicates that it is *flat*. Florida was nice in the winter, otherwise not so much from my experience.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

thx gj.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    "fuenejps" last time Mac85 was on this forum was Jan. 6, 2019. He visits from time to time.

He is probably still settling into his new home.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

any recommended burbs around tampa??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    We are in St. Petersburg about 15 minutes from Tampa. We really like it here. If you want to be just outside of Tampa look at Lakeland, Land O Lakes and Lutz. What type of place are you looking for?

single family ranch. new construction. we like lakeland, i'll check out the other 2 u mentioned. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    We are in St. Petersburg about 15 minutes from Tampa. We really like it here. If you want to be just outside of Tampa look at Lakeland, Land O Lakes and Lutz. What type of place are you looking for?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

John, have you checked in to healthcare, more importantly SCI healthcare in Florida?
    I'd be interested to find out about SCI healthcare recommendations in "retirement" areas or SCI people moving from cold to warmer climates.

honestly its no worse than my area. around tampa there are alot of sci resources... im sure we will need to educate any new doctor, just like here. cool thing is my mom/dad are moving too.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnc1 View Post
    John, have you checked in to healthcare, more importantly SCI healthcare in Florida?
    I'd be interested to find out about SCI healthcare recommendations in "retirement" areas or SCI people moving from cold to warmer climates.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Scott had a place in Tampa. Have you asked him for recommendations?