Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: syringe

syringe

good morning question when we irrigate we push in easily but not will come out yet it drains ok any idea why

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    good morning question when we irrigate we push in easily but not will come out yet it drains ok any idea why
    What kind of syringe tip are you using? In order to get the liquid out, you need to have a good seal with the syringe and the funnel of the catheter. So a luer lock tip is your best bet over a slip tip syringe.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    What kind of syringe tip are you using? In order to get the liquid out, you need to have a good seal with the syringe and the funnel of the catheter. So a luer lock tip is your best bet over a slip tip syringe.
    its says its catheter tipped and its not very old thank you

You said it is still draining. Is the draining causing any sweating or uncomfortableness? If yes, I can think of two things.
    Partial sediment or the drainage hole is rubbing against the bladder wall. Try pushing the catheter in just a tad and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    You said it is still draining. Is the draining causing any sweating or uncomfortableness? If yes, I can think of two things.
    Partial sediment or the drainage hole is rubbing against the bladder wall. Try pushing the catheter in just a tad and see if that helps.
    rainman we push in about 15 20cc it use to draw out now it does not even with a cathe change but it drains out of cathe fine I use any more cc I leak from urethe

even though I got stones removed 2 weeks ago no infection have tons of muscus

rainman we push in about 15 20cc it use to draw out now it does not even with a cathe change but it drains out of cathe fine I use any more cc I leak from urethe

even though I got stones removed 2 weeks ago no infection have tons of muscus
    In my opinion its the sediment. And do you irrigate till you see no more sediment? And second. When I said push, I meant to push the catheter in just a tad and then try irrigate and see if that help. If it does you might want to try the next level down in catheter size. Believe it or not that might help with leakage.

its says its catheter tipped and its not very old thank you
    I've found that slip tip and catheter tip syringes do not seal tightly enough with the catheter funnel to allow the liquid in the bladder to be drawn out.
    Last edited by gjnl; 03-05-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    In my opinion its the sediment. And do you irrigate till you see no more sediment? And second. When I said push, I meant to push the catheter in just a tad and then try irrigate and see if that help. If it does you might want to try the next level down in catheter size. Believe it or not that might help with leakage.
    its from the uretha that I leak not sp when we do more than 20cc

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I've found that slip tip and catheter tip syringes do not seal tightly enough with the catheter funnel to allow the liquid in the bladder to be drawn out.
    ok I did not know strange though it did now not thank you

Sounds like negative pressure?
    pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.