Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gas crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Thank you Hackensack, and Vjls and SCI Nurse:
    I guess I was wondering what were your underlying reasons for getting the Colo to begin with ?
    was it due to the difficulty of the BM ??
    Or did you experience the constant cramping, bowel accidents , Constipation?
    what type of motility supplements do you use now?
    I genuinely am grateful for your comments and suggestions!
    For me I was tired of my bowel routine running my life. Everything had to be scheduled around it. For 24 years I wasted between 2-4 hours a day every other day. I didn't travel because a 14 day trip meant atleast 6 of those days wasted on it. Now my wife and I travel all the time. A simple 5 minute bag change is all it takes. I had to watch what I ate. I would get bad gas and sometimes it would cause AD. I don't have to worry about that now. I eat whatever I want. I could go on forever with the positive things. I wish I would of had it done when I was first injured. I don't take any supplements for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    OK , there was once a time when your average threads on CC would draw a bunch of posts, including trolls, and even more in hijacked threads.
    These days these messsge boards are sparten.
    Are there less SCI?
    Or can we point to mr zuckerberg?

Should I offer $0.50 per reply?
    this would be a good spot for a ... flamer to post and earn some money. (a thread about gas).
    this condition puts a whole new spin to the lymric "here I sit, broken harted ..."

I have this same problem. Sometimes I feel like sticking a short tube in my butt.
    Last edited by da lurker; 03-29-2019 at 02:52 PM. Reason: re flame
    tom

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society

Hi,
    I am a C6/7 quadriplegic since November 1996. I have a tenodesis grasp but no finger dexterity. Would I be able to manage colostomy bag on my own?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Hi,
    I am a C6/7 quadriplegic ... Would I be able to manage colostomy bag on my own?
    I'm also a c6/7 quad and manage quite easily (unless lots of diairrhea) with a one piece disposable ostomy pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Hi,
    I am a C6/7 quadriplegic since November 1996. I have a tenodesis grasp but no finger dexterity. Would I be able to manage colostomy bag on my own?
    This is where having an excellent ostomy nurse to work with you is so critical. Try to get a referral to one who has worked before with people with limited hand dexterity, and have them evaluate you prior to your surgery for your ability to manage appliances from a variety of manufacturers. The ostomy nurse should see you before surgery to mark your stoma site so that it will work when sitting in your chair, and so you can reach it easily. They should then work with you after the surgery to make adjustments in products and techniques for management.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Did you find any relief? Still on the search myself.