Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas crisis

Blog Entries

Gas crisis

Gas crisis, not the OPEC kind. The GI tract kind.
    Nothing seems to alleviate the pain from it daily. BP sucks I get it, but I live an die each day from the gut pain more than from the hour on the shitter, and occasional accident. Best way to kill it I'm told is to prevent it or release it. Both can't happen. No food doesn't cause gas with me, sitting on my butt all day prevents it's escape I guess. I weight shift back periodically to limited success. My bowel programs usually result i stool, but my diaphragm squeals like bellow when I breath. Some of us use activated charcol, gas-x or installing ostomy bags.
    I can't live like this and can't afford to make it worse.
    I rea offten about difficult BPs but not pain, am I alone?

I know exactly what your talking about! Trouble sleeping at night because your so bloated and uncomfortable? Even start to get clammy and sweaty, hoping your stomach well make kind of squeal, girgle or solid rumble?

Hi Tim, I think there are three components to any kind of pain. There is the initial discomfort, the anxiety that builds because you didn't alleviate the initial discomfort and then the damage done by not getting to the root causes of the pain. I read most of your posts and come away with you getting stuck in the high anxiety part without a way to get out of it. I suspect a lot of it is because you're a higher quad (I'm a low quad).

If I eat a box of Ellio's pizza in one sitting I feel like you describe above for about 36 hours and I truly feel very anxious and distracted and miserable. I think food matters a great deal. My colostomy bag fills with air at least once a day regardless of what I eat. I think if this air were retained, I'd feel more anxious. I know how you feel about colostomies but I wouldn't rule any option out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks shaun, pat57 if i could put an escape valve thru my gut I'd have it inserted today. I don't know about anxiety but I do know it doubles me over daily with a trembllng raw pain. I wouldn't...can't rule out anything that could give me semblance of life, but how could I think a colo might help?

I suffered with this same misery for years. I don't know why, or what the science is behind it but when I got the colostomy I just wanted to free myself from the the 3hr BC, hemorrhoids etc.. What happened was freedom from it all, I don't mean a little relief, I don't mean tolerable or manageable.. I mean the gas and bloating is gone!

Blog Entries
    What is the relief? The gas causes spasms throughout, leaning forward my legs rattle anf throb.
    Can't deal with it anymore

Was the colostomy for me. Life changing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If that's the magic solution then I'd embrace it, only I couldn't maintain it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

Shaun, Did you suffer gas pain, do other sci feel it?
    What motility drugs do you use?
    I don't understand it.
    Thank u

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    No food doesn't cause gas with me
    I would re-evaluate that statement.

For me, food matters a great deal, especially dairy. And it's not only the food but the combination, like dairy with gluten. Pizza and beer with ice cream for dessert? One of these is manageable. But mix all three? Forget about it!

Triggering certain nerves on top of this by sitting for long will exacerbate the problem.

A good coach for this is a kinesiologist. Beware that they may try to sell you a lot of supplements that you don't need. But a good meal replacement for 2 meals per day will help clean and reset your GI tract and may get you back on tract (pun intended). Have you tried a cleanse?
    Last edited by August West; 03-03-2019 at 08:52 PM.