Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any advice on pushing in snow?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Glad to hear you don't stay in because of the weather. That's encouraging. Scary you have to worry about keeping moving. AB folks have no idea of the stuff we deal with just to do something ordinary.
    I think AB's have broken more hips trying to walk on ice/snow than we have. We are probably lucky to be wheeling through it. I guess.

I've been considering using projection/oblique handrims (paralyzed hands) and was wondering if anyone else has experienced them with snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I have never used a chair in snow and I don't know what to expect. Can anyone tell me what it's like and give some tips on how to do it?
    Thank you
    There really is only 2 obvious answers to this question. I suppose it really depends on how deep the snow is. If there's only a sprinkling of snow then it's not going to be too much of an issue, although it will still be slippery so I should probably avoid sloping pavements near to roads that have traffic. If the snow is quite deep then quite frankly you would be stupid to even go outside in a wheelchair.

Certainly wear a pair of warm gloves