Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Hand Control Questions

Incompatible font packages for the various software being used by various devices.

Re the hand control rebate...you could just make up a receipt on Word or something, fill in the form on Chrysler's website, and have the dealer sign off that hand controls are present in the vehicle and get your $$$, happens quite often. But if you have a receipt from a real vendor, just fill in the form available on Chrysler's website, have the dealer verify presence of hand controls, and get up to $1K rebate. Same process.

Thanks Andy. I truly appreciate all your help!!!

If you go the route to have the dealer sign the receipt, .... be sure to ad the vehicle VIN#.... Chrysler won't take the receipt w/o it. ;-)

Thanks Nick. Now I just have to hurry up and wait for the car to get here so I can start customizing the interior to my liking. I have been trying to line everything up in advance, but without the vehicle physically here it?s been hard getting the various shops to see my vision. Thanks for the VIN # tip!

I agree with Patrick. T-10 Para post 25 years in phoenix Az. I used to sell modified vehicles in phoenix for about 10 years. The monarch mps are by far the easiest to operate and the most reliable. I have never had a problem with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For myself, I go with the simplest hand control like Monarch or MPS. They may be the same company. Anything electronic or fancy, is one more thing to go wrong. The maintenance on mine is a squirt of WD40 about every ten years and I never have to worry if they'll work or not.

Will the Featherlite still be operable if there's an electronic malfunction? I'm in the market for a new van and h/c will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For myself, I go with the simplest hand control like Monarch or MPS. They may be the same company. Anything electronic or fancy, is one more thing to go wrong. The maintenance on mine is a squirt of WD40 about every ten years and I never have to worry if they'll work or not.
    Will the Featherlite still be operable if there's an electronic malfunction? I'm in the market for a new van and h/c will be needed.
    If the problem is in the accelerator circuitry, yes, the ECM will respond by putting the vehicle into "limp" mode. You will still be able to drive it, but at greatly reduced parameters for acceleration and power. And if the anomaly is more sever, the throttle will not work at all!

The electronic setup I made for my GTI is pretty foolproof. A second OE throttle pedal module is in the control (I wonder where Featherlite sources their modules?), connected by a factory plug and harness. The only non-original stuff is the wiring that intercepts near the floor, the throttle wiring (six wires) and routes it up to near the steering column in the dash where it terminates on a terminal. There, a toggle switch that selects foot or hand control, and the 6 wires from the hand throttle also meet the terminal strip. That's all there is to mine. Not much to fail.

I have to wonder how complicated Featherlite's implementation is and I suspect it is, with it's last use memory and such, I hunch there's some processing going on. That implies a microprocessor and some electronics. It all depends on the quality of their electronics and wiring hardware AND (big and!) the bozos at the installation facility!
    Having had a repair shop for 45 years, one of the most distasteful problems was "no start" vehicles with aftermarket alarms! Wires running everywhere from some alarm module with no markings, information, or wiring diagram! I would want to be real clear about what they are hawking before making that commitment!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    the bozos at the installation facility!
    Heh, big reason I never converted to them myself. The Mobility Works (gotta give them a shout-out, lol) 'technicians' seemed more intent on describing how they would make it so my power column would not work any more, rather than how quality their install was. It was literally a debate to get them to just agree to pull the fuse for the column rather than doing something more drastic to the column. Scary stuff...yeah, I want them working on my car.

Quality their installs are? Like when they wrap globs and globs of duct tape for a wiring repair to my six-way transfer base, then try charging $550 for it. Better yet, when they installed a remote starter on my E-250 and literally wrapped the hot wire around the fuse terminal and plugged it back into the fuse box. I could go on for a while. They're far from par on their "certified tech's" they employ.

https://youtu.be/7cAXPx5594o

You can get these NEW now for under $1,000.00 delivered.