Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hand Control Questions

Depends on what you are looking for. Monarchs are a good hand control for a utility vehicle or a little old lady driving style. If you want performance then go with Freedom Staff hand controls.

https://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Staff.../dp/B005P9SHGK

These are way more sporty for applying gas. Because the Monarchs (and all permanent hand controls) are secured with steel hardware, the gas can be applied in one direction only. It's stiff and boring. Because the portable hand controls are secured with a nylon strap, gas can be applies not only back/forth but also side/side. The back/forth motion moves the gas pedal over the full range. The side/side motion moves the gas pedal only slightly for fine tuning the amount of gas applied. Hence, you can apply gas back/forth on a straightaway and apply gas side/side for cornering. This feature offers way better handling, a better feel, and more enjoyable driving experience. You can also apply gas with either hand. You pull back with the left hand or you push forward with the right hand. This is a nice feature to prevent fatigue. No other hand control enables this.

They are also the least expensive and you can install them yourself in a few minutes. But like a sports car, what excites someone scares someone else. The amount of freedom of motion may scare some people. They aren't for everyone.
    Last edited by August West; 03-01-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Dude, he's got a new Challenger. And I'm sure he'd like to drive one handed also. $270? They need to lay off the meth. I have and used temp controls...they suck. Calling them 'performance'...well, that's just retarded.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And you're an asshole. So what's new?

Besides, I know which ones you chose - thumb control. They do suck. The Freedom Staff aren't anything like those. I could use any hand control I want in my BMW 6 series. These are the ones I chose. I have the Monarchs in my other car for utility.

Last edited by nick; 03-01-2019 at 10:19 PM.

You don't know what you're talking about. These are similar to the tried and trusted SureGrip push-pull hand controls. But they mount with a nylon strap vs metal.

But then again, you are Andy's friend, so gang up and troll on.

Last edited by nick; 03-01-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    And you're an asshole. So what's new?

Besides, I know which ones you chose - thumb control. They do suck. The Freedom Staff aren't anything like those. I could use any hand control I want in my BMW 6 series. These are the ones I chose. I have the Monarchs in my other car for utility.
    I love you too my dearest fanboy. I kind of like the MPD's over the Monarchs as they appear to be more refined, and aren't chrome plated steel. But to each his own.

BMW 6 series...I'm impressed. One mechanical repair away from being totaled, cool! And all those cheery fault lights really illuminate your path into the cabin...nice! Headlights still working?

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    But they mount with a nylon strap vs metal.
    And there's the issue, they are floating around. And quite likely get in the way during transfers due to their random in the way location. Betcha you cant steer, gas and brake with a finger and a thumb with those.

Crazy8 wanted to know if there is some good stuff for his new car since the last time he looked...we're giving him some ideas

Use this hand control only if you want finer control over the gas and drive with either hand.
    If you want to enrich your dealer and need some bling, this isn't your thing.

August, you should at least go check out the Suregrip Featherlites before saying that. They are quite impressive and so much better to adapt a car than mechanical stuff. And you know this isn't some fanboy recommendation as I don't even own a set

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    And there's the issue, they are floating around. And quite likely get in the way during transfers due to their random in the way location.
    That is the only drawback. But one more strap takes care of that.

Betcha you cant steer, gas and brake with a finger and a thumb with those.
    Yes you can, and I do. But previously you said you didn't feel safe about the hand controls floating (which I consider a feature that enables better control). So if safety is your concern, why would you drive this way? Make up your mind.

Crazy8 wanted to know if there is some good stuff for his new car since the last time he looked...we're giving him some ideas
    Giving him ideas or shitting on ideas that aren't yours? Just stop the incessant trolling and I'm with you.