Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hand Control Questions

Since you bring it up, here is the rating for the Monte Carlo from the same website. Is this why you dumped it on your unsuspecting friend? Did you even show him this? He seems to think he got the deal of the century. LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    There is only so much horsepower you need.

That's why I bought it. The reason I keep it is because it has zero play in it. It handles today just like it handled the first day I drove it. How long can you expect that from an American car (any American car)? That's what I mean by sloppy. I explained this before. I thought you were a car guy. Try to keep up.
    I think I need 485HP, nice level of performance. Why does that anger you so?

And I dont think having non-worn out tie rod ends should be the benchmark for a vehicle. Unless that is the first car you owned with non-worn out suspension components?

And why do you keep crabbing on Ed's Monte SS? From what I hear, he is continuing to enjoy that thing for around 70K miles IIRC with only tires and brakes needing changing since I sold it to him. That 303HP V8 under the hood of that I am sure made those miles a barrel of fun as well. Nope, no victim there.

It doesn't anger me. I makes me laugh at you. You need 485 HP. But the 435 (or something like that) in the BMW 6 isn't enough. You sound like a pretentious fool throwing out specs and technical terminology yet missing the boat on the very basics of power - how those horses are geared and how they handle is way more important that the absolute number of HP. I know that and I'm not even a car guy.
    Last edited by August West; 03-01-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    It doesn't anger me. I makes me laugh at you. You need 485 HP. But the 435 (or something like that) in the BMW 6 isn't enough. You sound like a pretentious fool. How those horses are geared and how they handle is way more important that the absolute number. I know that and I'm not even a car guy.
    I guess you gotta have one heck of a sense of humor then if you mistake 435 or something like that horsepower with the actual 362HP your performance car has. Quite a big difference in performance. And this is assuming you have the V8 model. If you really have the I6...man that would be embarrasing! I know you probably dont have the M6, as that thing would have barfed its rod bearings long ago in a show of German engineering.

Tell you what...with all the pontificating you are doing...I want to see a pic of this BMW!!! with a bunch of Swiffer Sweeper rods strapped around the interior. I am beginning to suspect the legitimacy of your claims

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I guess you gotta have one heck of a sense of humor then if you mistake 435 or something like that horsepower with the actual 362HP your performance car has. Quite a big difference in performance. And this is assuming you have the V8 model. If you really have the I6...man that would be embarrasing! I know you probably dont have the M6, as that thing would have barfed its rod bearings long ago in a show of German engineering.

Tell you what...with all the pontificating you are doing...I want to see a pic of this BMW!!! with a bunch of Swiffer Sweeper rods strapped around the interior. I am beginning to suspect the legitimacy of your claims
    OK, you're right about the BMW 6 HP. The car has 325 HP not 435 HP. So what? You can judge a car on specs. I'll judge a car on the road. Either way, we both have nice cars. Let's leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I think I need 485HP, nice level of performance. Why does that anger you so?

And I dont think having non-worn out tie rod ends should be the benchmark for a vehicle. Unless that is the first car you owned with non-worn out suspension components?

And why do you keep crabbing on Ed's Monte SS? From what I hear, he is continuing to enjoy that thing for around 70K miles IIRC with only tires and brakes needing changing since I sold it to him. That 303HP V8 under the hood of that I am sure made those miles a barrel of fun as well. Nope, no victim there.
    Andy would be correct. Except the SS has 90K on it, currently. Managed to get 88K on the factory brakes. I honestly have no complaints. I previously drove a E-350 (2003) Tuscany Conversion, purchased off showroom..... until 2013.... it rolled the 105K mark... started to have numerous issues with the lift, and it started the nickel and diming.... time for it to depart. It served me great.... easily loaded my handcycle in it, sit-ski's, water sit-skis.... etc.... was great for tailgating at venues. Excellent for hauling very heavy items, came in very handy with the construction company I helped run then. I didn't mind the whole lift idea and transfer seat etc.... that vehicle was helping me still achieve living a life and it made me money.

Had a 1998 SVT Mustang, yellow convertible, when I busted my back, along with a F-350 7.3L diesel... again for the company. Then a trusty little Ford Ranger, 1992, again purchased in 2000, with only 47,000 miles and absolutely zero rust on it.... old timer who recently retired from 40 years as an electrician, the truck was a whopping $2,500. Sold it to one of my workers and he put 190K miles on it, before it basically withered away in rust.

Kept kicking around the idea at a Mustang, when dealing in selling the van.... just didn't want to pull the trigger.... saw Andy had the SS up for sale here on the forums, and when we briefly talked, I took a ride to see it, quite honestly, I didn't want to pass up the great price. No where could I touch it for that price, unless it was maybe a family member selling? First big trip.... to Wendell, NC to visit a guy who recently became a quad amputee. Car handled perfect.... it should have for the low mileage I purchased it with. Yeah, it has its wear and tear now, it's a beater for tooling around the area. I'd drive it in a heartbeat across country.... I know it'll have zero issues. It's fluids are maintained when they always should be, and because I'm a little weary of 300hp going directly to the trans, literally, it's front wheel drive... odd I know... I changed the trans fluid/filter completely at 80K. Its color was perfect and no burning odors.

Andy rip me off?.... no way! If that were the case, I'd most likely not communicate with him any longer.

He got his SRT, and brought it over.... I knew nothing about the cars. Digging around and learning for 2 years, I decided I wanted a 500+hp again..... with his help, he located the Scat Pack I have now.... again, couldn't pass up the huge rebates, and the fact I had a pretty basic Scat Pack, but has the SRT motor, and it saved me $10,000.... on springing for the SRT or Shaker model.
    I want my SP for the engine.... I'm not concerned with the fancy interior options of a vehicle any longer, quite honestly I see it as money being tossed out a window, on a windy day. More than 1/2 that crap would stop being used by a vehicle owner, in just a few years, of owning the vehicle.

Here’s what Featherlite’s look like in my Sienna.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you for actually contributing to this thread!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Check out the

Veigel Classic II

it's on the right side so if you are transferring it is totally out of your way, more so than any hand control on the left side of the steering wheel can be

plus it has a brake lock so you won't be stuck holding the brake at stop lights like all those other hand control chumps

Before the van, I used Menox which are about identical to the Viegel. Have about 100k miles using them in 2 different vehicles. I miss the brake hold feature it was handy for sure.