I've had what I believe to be Ranaud's Disease for about 20 yrs now (since I was about 25... before my SCI). Fingers on 1 hand (especially index finger) turn white in cold weather or when exposed to something like cold water. I've talked to a few people in the medical field who basically said that unless it is or becomes problematic, there's not much that can be done about it. And that's all it's ever been up until about a week ago. Out of nowhere, I started having serious pain in the tip of my index finger. It feels like someone is squeezing it in a pair of pliers. The actual pad of the finger is quite sensitive to even touch anything. This is the case for 90% of the day. It's kept me up a few nights as well. I've also been having some pretty bad aching in arm on that same side - more muscle than joint. That's not as frequent but equally as bad when it's there. Not sure if the 2 are related or not.

I have quite a bit of nerve pain in my hands that seems to be ever-evolving, so for the 1st couple days, I just chalked it up to that. But the other day my gf made a comment about my fingers looking dead-like "lately". Then of course I paid more attention and feel like they are definitely way more white way more frequently than I remember in the past. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this something to be alarmed about? If I go to an urgent care center is there a test (blood or otherwise) they can run to see if things (blood vessels, I presume) have progressed to a state requiring some sort of treatment?

Although the pain is bad, I can get by lumping it into the typical nerve pain pile I'm used to dealing with. I'm just concerned that the change might be indicative of something more serious.