Thread: How do you like your Ceiling Lift?

How do you like your Ceiling Lift?

Please delete if this is a repeat: I'm looking for recommendations on lightweight ceiling lifts, particularly the Prism. The person is 170 pounds max. Being able to move it between tracks would be a plus. Thanks.

Some ceiling track systems have a lateral as well as a lifting motor, so you don't have to push the person along the track.

If you are asking instead about moving the motor between different non-connected tracks around the home, I can recommend the Barrier Free PC-2 Portable Ceiling Lift UPL:

http://www.barrierfreelifts.com/en_p...t-upl-pc-2.php

This is the lift which my mother had in her home and used for 20 years. She had a section of track in the bedroom, another in the bathroom (did not want to have the track go into the bathroom) and a third in the family room so she could transfer to a recliner. The motor was easy to move for my elderly father as well as her caregivers or my self or other family members. It does not have a lateral motor though. She used it both with a Surehand Body Support sling and a fabric hygiene-type sling.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks, you're always so helpful. I just happen to have one of these hanging in my bathroom as an ornament because I couldn't find a replacement for the burned-out recharger. (We purchased the item on eBay.) Obviously I'm not a real good researcher.